The BP Big Screens are back in 2019 with some of the world’s most popular operas and ballets broadcast live from the Royal Opera House. Make sure you put the dates in your diary and come along to one of our many free screening venues. Bring your friends and a picnic and soak up free culture on your doorstep – and get there early for the exclusive pre-performance content 30 minutes before curtain-up.
2019 BP Big Screens
The Royal Opera | Carmen | Tuesday 2 July at 7pm | pre-screening starts at 6.30pm
Bizet's greatest opera tells the story of the enigmatic and seductive Carmen and the dangerous passion she arouses in Don José. Soak up free culture on your doorstep: watch The Royal Opera’s fresh take on this much-loved opera, complete with flamenco dancers, bull fighters – and a gorilla – all in a free live screening from the Royal Opera House at your nearest BP Big Screen.
The Royal Opera | The Marriage of Figaro | Tuesday 9 July at 7pm | pre-screening starts at 6.30pm
Revolution is in the air in The Royal Opera’s beautiful production of Mozart's great comic opera. Colourful characters mix with intrigue, misunderstanding and forgiveness in a multitude of dramatic twists. Watch a live screening of this famous opera from the Royal Opera House stage to your nearest BP Big Screen.
- Duthie Park, Aberdeen
- Millennium Square, Bristol
- Brighton Marina, East Sussex
- Cressing Temple Barns, Essex
- Queens Drive Space, Exmouth
- Lyric Square, Hammersmith, London
- Sandy Balls, Holiday Village, Fordingbridge, The New Forest, Hampshire
- Trinity Square, Hull
- IQL Summer Lawn, London
- Whitecliff Bay Holiday Park, Isle of Wight
- Millennium Square, Leeds
- Tattershall Lakes Country Park, Lincolnshire
- The Scoop, London Bridge City
- Arena Square, Wembley Park, London
- White City, Shepherd's Bush, London
- Trafalgar Square, London
- The Oast House, Spinningfields, Manchester
- Alnwick Castle, Northumberland
- Guildhall Square, Portsmouth
- The Forum, Southend-on-Sea
- Castle Square, Swansea
- Walton Hall and Gardens, Warrington
- The Piazza, Warwick University
Previous Screenings this Summer
The Royal Ballet | Romeo and Juliet | Tuesday 11 June at 7.30pm
Shakespeare's star-crossed lovers encounter passion and tragedy in Kenneth MacMillan's 20th-century ballet masterpiece. Soak up free culture on your doorstep: watch The Royal Ballet on stage at the Royal Opera House in this free live screening at a BP Big Screen near you.