Bristol, Millennium Square
Millennium Square is located in the heart of the city within the Harbourside development, which, with its modern landscaping and striking water and light features, provides a fabulous setting for the BP Big Screen events.
THE ROYAL BALLET'S THE DREAM/SYMPHONIC VARIATIONS/MARGUERITE AND ARMAND
WEDNESDAY 7 JUNE AT 7.30PM WITH PRE-PERFORMANCE SCREENING FROM 7PM
Enchanting, breathtaking and tragic – three great works by Royal Ballet Founder Choreographer Frederick Ashton danced by The Royal Ballet.
THE ROYAL OPERA'S LA TRAVIATA
FRIDAY 4 JULY AT 7PM WITH PRE-PERFORMANCE SCREENING FROM 6.30PM
A drama of passion, love and sacrifice – La traviata is one of the most popular operas of all time. Join us for a gripping evening with some of The Royal Opera’s greatest performers.
All live screenings are classified 12A by the BBFC. Any child under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
What I need to know before I attend:
The Square is easily accessible by all forms of transport and is suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs. The Square is lined by cafés, bars and promenades, which offer plenty of places to sit, relax and enjoy the views. In addition, the events will offer a variety of food and drink concessions. Picnic hampers are welcome! All litter should be disposed of in bins provided or taken home. A limited number of deckchairs will be available, but there will be no dedicated event seating, so please bring camping chairs, cushions or blankets for comfort. This is an outdoor event, so please dress appropriately for the anticipated weather conditions.
In the interest of public safety, the following conditions will apply in Millennium Square:
- Free entry to the event enclosure is on a first come first served basis subject to capacity.
- Event stewards will be entitled to search persons and/or their possessions on entry to the event enclosure. Staff will not take responsibility for any prohibited items.
- Prohibited items include, but are not restricted to, large parasols, gazebos, awnings and portable barbecues.
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse admission to the event enclosure for whatever reason.
- All children (under 16) must be accompanied by an adult.
- You are welcome to bring a picnic, but for safety reasons, please do not bring any glass containers to the event.
For further information visit www.bigscreenbristol.com or call 0117 9157103
How do I get there?
Car - All routes to city centre.
Train - Bristol Temple Meads is approximately 25 minutes walk away, and is easily accessible by the 8 or 9 bus, which leaves from just outside the station and drops off by the Hippodrome – approximately 5 minutes walk from the Square. It is also possible to catch the Ferry from nearby the station, for further information contact 0117 927 3416.
Buses - All routes to city centre.
Is there a car park?
Yes. Named by the AA as one of the best places in the UK to park your car, Millennium Square has an underground car park, open 24 hours a day with on site security.
Using a Sat Nav? Enter BS1 5LL as your destination. For more info and to find alternative parking, please visit www.at-bristol.org.uk/millennium-square-car-park