Trinity Square, Hull
With its continental feel, Trinity Square is the perfect place to watch the world go by. Surrounded by pubs, bars, eateries and the Hands on History Museum, Trinity Square regularly hosts events through the year, from farmers' markets selling local produce, to breathtaking art installations. Bring your friends and a picnic and soak up free culture on your doorstep at this BP Big Screens event – and get there early for the exclusive pre-performance content 30 minutes before curtain-up.
The Royal Ballet | Romeo and Juliet | 11 June at 7.30pm | pre-screening starts at 7pm
Shakespeare's star-crossed lovers encounter passion and tragedy in Kenneth MacMillan's 20th-century ballet masterpiece. Soak up free culture on your doorstep: watch The Royal Ballet on stage at the Royal Opera House in this free live screening at Trinity Square's BP Big Screen.
What I need to know before I attend:
In the interest of public safety, the following conditions will apply:
- Free entry to the event enclosure is on a first come first served basis subject to capacity
- Event stewards will be entitled to search persons and/or their possessions on entry to the event enclosure. Staff will not take responsibility for any prohibited items
- Prohibited items include, but are not restricted to, large parasols, gazebos, awnings and portable barbecues
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse admission to the event enclosure for whatever reason
- You are welcome to bring a picnic, but for safety reasons, please do not bring any glass containers to the event
- The venue is accessible to all groups – as the is an open air venue, please dress appropriately for the expected weather conditions
Please note, the Royal Opera House always seeks guidance regarding content from the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC). While a 12A rating is the minimum classification level issued for all live screenings in the UK, our content can still be suitable for children of all ages. Click this link for further information regarding the classification of filmed content.
How do I get there?
The venue is situated just off the A63, a major link road into the city centre. The post code for satnav users is HU1 2JJ.
There are many city centre carparks in the area; please visit hullcc.gov.uk for further details.