Brighton Marina has become the largest Marina complex in Europe. The vibrant atmosphere of the Marina, being so close to the City of Brighton is proving to be an attractive location to work and live and is now host the BP Big Screens.
The Royal Opera's La traviata
Tuesday 4 July at 7pm with pre-performance screening from 6.30pm
A drama of passion, love and sacrifice – La traviata is one of the most popular operas of all time. Join us for a gripping evening with some of The Royal Opera’s greatest performers.
The Royal Opera's Turandot
Friday 14 July at 7.30pm with pre-performance screening from 7pm
Don’t miss The Royal Opera’s spectacular staging of Puccini’s final masterpiece, which will transport you to ancient China. This dark exotic fantasy has it all, including wonderful music such as the great tenor aria ‘Nessun dorma’.
All live screenings are classified 12A by the BBFC. Any child under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
What I need to know before I attend:
The marina is easily accessible by all forms of transport and is suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs. The marina is lined by cafés, bars and promenades, which offer plenty of places to sit, relax and enjoy the views. In addition, the events will offer a variety of food and drink concessions. Picnic hampers are welcome! All litter should be disposed of in bins provided or taken home. This is an outdoor event, so please dress appropriately for the anticipated weather conditions.
In the interest of public safety, the following conditions will apply in Brighton Marina:
- Free entry to the event enclosure is on a first come first served basis subject to capacity.
- Event stewards will be entitled to search persons and/or their possessions on entry to the event enclosure. Staff will not take responsibility for any prohibited items.
- Prohibited items include, but are not restricted to, large parasols, gazebos, awnings and portable barbecues.
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse admission to the event enclosure for whatever reason.
- All children (under 16) must be accompanied by an adult.
- You are welcome to bring a picnic, but for safety reasons, please try not to bring any glass containers to the event.