Pointe Shoes Appeal
Footwear is essential to ballet, enabling our dancers to give their best performances. Each Season, we spend over £250,000 on pointe shoes, flat ballet shoes, character shoes, ribbon, elastic and detailing relevant to each production. Please give a gift today to help contribute to this cost.
Your contributions through our annual Pointe Shoes Appeal underpin the work of The Royal Ballet by helping to fund the essential costs of ballet shoes. As a supporter, you will be entered into an exclusive competition to win a pair of signed shoes worn by Royal Ballet Artist Francesca Hayward.
Guess how many shoes Royal Ballet dancers use in a week, to be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets to a Royal Ballet in Rehearsal on 24 April. Simply tweet or Instagram your guess with #PointesWinPrizes, or drop a card into the tower when you’re next visiting. Find out more.
Yasmine Naghdi and Marcelino Sambé with our Pointe Shoe Tower – showing the number of pointe shoes used by The Royal Ballet in a week © ROH/Ruairi Watson, 2014
- £5 could pay for ribbon for five pairs of shoes
- £39 could pay for a pair of pointe shoes
- £195 could pay for five pairs of pointes; a week’s supply for a corps de ballet dancer
- £540 could pay for a pair of flat ballet shoes for every male dancer
- £900 could pay for a year’s supply of ribbon for the whole Company
It is also possible to make a donation by phone or by post.
Call Sacha Glasgow-Smith +44 (0)20 7212 9510 for more information.