Pointe Shoes Appeal
Footwear is essential to ballet, enabling our dancers to give their best performances. Each Season our Royal Ballet dancers use about 6,000 pairs of pointe shoes and 6,000 pairs of flats. Combined with the character shoes, elastic, ribbons and detailing relevant to each production, the total cost for footwear is over £250,000 a year.
Your contributions through our annual Pointe Shoes Appeal underpin the work of The Royal Ballet by helping to fund the essential costs of ballet shoes. As a supporter, you will be entered into an exclusive competition to win a pair of signed shoes worn by Royal Ballet Artist Francesca Hayward.
- £5 could pay for ribbon for five pairs of shoes
- £39 could pay for a pair of pointe shoes
- £195 could pay for five pairs of pointes; a week’s supply for a corps de ballet dancer
- £540 could pay for a pair of flat ballet shoes for every male dancer
- £900 could pay for a year’s supply of ribbon for the whole Company
It is also possible to make a donation by phone or by post.
Call Sacha Glasgow-Smith +44 (0)20 7212 9510 for more information.