Footwear is essential to ballet, enabling our dancers to give their best performances. Each Season, we spend over £250,000 on pointe shoes, flat ballet shoes, character shoes, ribbon, elastic and detailing relevant to each production. Please give a gift today to help contribute to this cost.
- £5 could pay for ribbon for five pairs of shoes
- £39 could pay for a pair of pointe shoes
- £195 could pay for five pairs of pointes; a week’s supply for a corps de ballet dancer
- £540 could pay for a pair of flat ballet shoes for every male dancer
- £900 could pay for a year’s supply of ribbon for the whole Company
Caterpillar pointe shoes as worn in The Royal Ballet's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland © ROH/Chris Shipman, 2013
Enter online via social media by tagging your answer and a picture of your guess with #CaterpillarFeet.
All entries must be received by 26 January 2015 and the winner will be selected at random from all correct entries received. Good luck!
It is also possible to make a donation by phone or by post.
Call Sacha Glasgow-Smith +44 (0)20 7212 9510 for more information.