Watch World Ballet Day 2018 from The Royal Ballet

Join us, The Australian Ballet and the Bolshoi live on 2 October for a day-long celebration of all things ballet.

By Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media))

1 October 2018 at 2.35pm | 90 Comments

World Ballet Day is back!

Join us, The Australian Ballet, the Bolshoi and guest companies from across the world for a day-long celebration of all things ballet on 2 October 2018.

Full details of the companies taking part are available on our Facebook event.

Watch in full:

Our schedule is as follows:

12pm: Royal Ballet class
1.30pm: Rehearsal with Charlotte Edmonds and Joseph Sissens
1.50pm: Rehearsal of La Bayadère with Akane Takada, Natalia Osipova and Vadim Muntagirov
2.20pm: Rehearsal of Mayerling with Steven McRae, Sarah Lamb, and Laura Morera
2.50pm: Rehearsal of Draftworks
3.10pm: Rehearsal with the Royal Ballet School
3.40pm: Rehearsal of Winter Dreams with Thiago Soares and Marianela Nuñez
4.10pm: Rehearsal of The Unknown Soldier with Matthew Ball
4.30pm: Rehearsal of Aletta Collins new work with Mayara Magri
5pm: Rehearsal of La Bayadère with the corps de ballet

Thank you all for watching: the YouTube video will be uploaded onto this page as soon as possible.

By Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media))

1 October 2018 at 2.35pm

This article has been categorised Ballet and tagged Ballet, Facebook, Facebook live, livestream, Social Media, World Ballet Day, worldballetday

1. I was already waiting for this event!!

Just remember that too much talking during the class is really disturbing. It's enough to watch the teacher and dancers while listening to any wonderful pianist who we'll be lucky to have. And, please, don't interrupt the view of the dancers by focusing on somebody's feet or face for a whole minute or so.

• Chris Fox responded on 2 October 2018 at 1:14pm

I endorse everything you say. We do not need this mindless commentary - just want to watch the class roll, listen to the teacher setting the class and hear the musician. And someone needs to educate the cameraman. We need to see the whole body, not be panning into faces and feet.

2. Martin responded on 18 July 2018 at 10:17am Reply

Won't Canada and San Francisco participate?

3. LOVE, LOVE World Ballet Day.

Would it be possible to answer two questions, please?

One, how are dancers partnered up. The matchup appears, when good to have an element of magic - witness Sarah Lamb and Steven Macrea. How do Directors make those pairings, please.

Two, I'm fascinated by dancers who opt to become Character actors. What motivates then? I know it isn't wasting their classical training, but I'm curious about the extra training the must go through and how they mentor and are mentored. Many thanks for considering my questions.

• Mary Ashcliffe responded on 28 September 2018 at 5:48pm

Is the broadcast only on Facebook? I have several relatives who aren't on Facebook, how can they watch, please?

• Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media)) responded on 1 October 2018 at 5:50pm

Hi,

The broadcast from The Royal Ballet will be on Facebook, live, but will be available on YouTube for 30 days following the stream.

Mel

4. This is such a happy event. Thank you Royal Ballet for celebrating and sharing World Ballet Day. I hope to watch a great many dancers in ballet class since this is what I enjoy most.

5. Icarus Le Grand responded on 26 July 2018 at 9:02pm Reply

My absolute favorite day of the year, World Ballet Day!

6. Manon 1753 responded on 14 August 2018 at 1:05pm Reply

Wonderful! Would it be possible to help keen viewers with the timings for each company? I've been trying to work out when the Australians start, which is at 12 pm AEDST according to their site. But when is that in UK terms? 04:00 am? (I am trying to draw up a viewing schedule for a ballet school in France)

• Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media)) responded on 14 August 2018 at 6:09pm

Hi,

We'll be updating the schedule for World Ballet Day slightly closer to the time - it's determined by our rehearsal schedules as a working ballet company, and we need to balance the demands on the dancers. We'll announce the schedule soon on our social channels.

• ML responded on 12 September 2018 at 1:43pm

They've usually started when I tune in at 6am, but I have never woken as early as 4am to see if they have started streaming that early! I suspect that in France you should have nonstop streaming from 7am to 9pm at least, if not longer.

7. Is it possible to place a recording of the complete day here, YouTube, etc. I would love to see all the events of the day, but due to a need for sleep and work...I can only watch the recordings. Thanks.

• Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media)) responded on 23 September 2018 at 3:23pm

Hi Lee,

Yes, we'll be uploading our full stream to YouTube after the event.

Thanks,

8. Michael Sefi responded on 7 September 2018 at 9:21am Reply

I note that World Ballet Day is to be on Facebook - but will it be streamed on the ROH YouTube site as well, as I don't do Facebook?

Hi Michael,

Yes, we'll be uploading our full stream to YouTube when the broadcast is over.

Thanks for your comment.

9. Manon 1753 responded on 11 September 2018 at 11:39am Reply

Hello, The updates promised on the World Ballet Day site are not materialising. Like last year, and the year before. There seems to be a systemic problem here. The little info it provides, is almost all related to 2017. E.g. when I click on the link to the Bolchoi, I am shown the 2017 schedule.....

• Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media)) responded on 23 September 2018 at 4:18pm

Hi,

We're updating all the details on the Facebook event as soon as they're confirmed - due to the nature of the event, and the fact that we are broadcasting rehearsals as they take place (we are a working ballet company and schedules sometimes need to be adjusted to ensure the timings work for the dancers) the timings are subject to change.

Sorry we can't be more concrete at this stage, we'll announce as soon as we are able!

10. Jennifer Wills responded on 11 September 2018 at 3:15pm Reply

Hi - I am going to be away abroad on the 2nd October. How can I find a way to watch the World Ballet Day when I return?

• Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media)) responded on 11 September 2018 at 4:40pm

Hi Jennifer,

World Ballet Day will be shared on Facebook live on the day, but will be made available on YouTube after the stream is over.

Mel

11. Are National Ballet of Canada and San Francisco Ballet not taking part this year? If so, that would be a great pity as that means no host company from an entire continent will be in it (it wouldn't be World Ballet Day but just Europe and Australasia Ballet Day)! These two magnificent companies were with World Ballet Day right from the start- it was exciting to see the livestream actually happening outside Europe across the Atlantic.

I remember watching, even joining in, NBC's class with excitement and how thrilled we were to see the stars and young newcomers of SFB enthusiastically taking part, with senior principals or choreographers from both explaining their work to the worldwide audience (while we were having supper in Britain)! I hope there will be a later announcement that NBC and SFB will be able to be part of the livestream.

12. Margot McDermott responded on 13 September 2018 at 3:40am Reply

How can I watch World Ballet Day with I am not on Facebook of other social media sites?

• Margot McDermott responded on 1 October 2018 at 6:35pm

How can I watch the World Ballet Day when I am not on Facebook or other social media?
      M McD

• Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media)) responded on 2 October 2018 at 9:48am

Hi Margot,

You don't need a Facebook account to watch - the video is embedded on this page and you can click to watch when we go live at 12pm.

• barry responded on 2 October 2018 at 12:38pm

the 1.7 billion people of China are also unable to watch on either Facebook or YouTube. Such a lost opportunity to reach out to all that market...

• Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media)) responded on 2 October 2018 at 4:01pm

Hi Barry,

The stream is also being shared in China via Tencent, so they won't miss out.

13. Donna Bernhardi responded on 14 September 2018 at 9:04am Reply

can't wait!!

14. Martyn Cole responded on 16 September 2018 at 11:57am Reply

If it's only being streamed on facebook then I won't be able to watch live, how disappointing. No need to take the time off work.

15. Manon1753 responded on 16 September 2018 at 11:37pm Reply

Facebook live - so those who don't do facebook have to wait for the You Tube version. But will that be all of those 20+ hours, or just excerpts??
    Could we follow the day on each company's own website?
    And at what UK time will the RB section start?

16. Manon1753 responded on 24 September 2018 at 10:35am Reply

I'm still not receiving any info from World Ballet Day, despite having signed up, yet again. Like lst year, and the year before. So still none the wiser. Could you please, please give the info sought, not just by me, but by many other dance fans, young and old? Cf my previous posts and those of others. Thank you.

17. Hi Mel,

Do you already know the schedule for World Ballet Day? I am trying to find out what time the Royal Ballet part starts, but neither can't find the detailed info nor know what you mean by "our social channels". I cannot trust the info on Facebook because it shows the wrong date of 2017.

18. Manon1753 responded on 28 September 2018 at 2:23pm Reply

Hello, still no answers to basic questions. World Ballet Day website just refers to Facebook (and never send out any information anyway, even if one has registered). But will those who don't do Facebook, be able to view the whole day or are they to have to be contented with excerpts? AND WHAT ARE THE TIMETABLES? Surely you know by now at what time each of the three main companies begins and ends? There are people who would love to watch, but need to organise their timetables in advance. Thank you for answering.

• Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media)) responded on 1 October 2018 at 6:02pm

Hi,

This year, we're not broadcasting in one linear stream - we're all sharing on our own pages throughout the day. We've been updating the Facebook event with scheduling information but have now included this information on this page too. All the details from all the companies are live on our Facebook event.

19. Manon1753 responded on 29 September 2018 at 10:04am Reply

Hello, Still no answer to the World Ballet Day Schedule and Facebook questions raised by a number of people on this site.

20. Annabella Escobar responded on 30 September 2018 at 3:09am Reply

I always enjoy the music during company class, my favorite pianist being Paul Stobart. Will he be playing this time?

21. kjdd responded on 1 October 2018 at 11:46pm Reply

Looking forward to this but the whole event is still as clear as mud.
    According to facebook link half an hr ago, as directed from this page, it was less than 1hr to go (presumably midnight UK time) yet this page states live at 4am!? Facebook link gives details of whats on the whole day not just from RB, but all times are in a variety of time zones speak making it near impossible to understand. Its been world tie yourself in knots day so far!

22. J. Boswell responded on 2 October 2018 at 4:19am Reply

"3.10pm: Rehearsal with the Royal Ballet School"
    Will this be the new Liam Scarlett piece he's choreographing on the students? I hope so!!!!
    Merde for another fantastic World Ballet Day!

23. Susan responded on 2 October 2018 at 7:09am Reply

I am not on facebook too. Why are you using only facebook? What about you tube live? What are the options for all of us? Please can you spread world ballet day live on other technical platforms as well ?? !!!!!!!!! There are so many ballet lovers al over the world (not using facebook) who would appreciate that so much!!!
    Friends of mine just tried watching the stream from Australia - they failed with safari saying: too many redirections , safari cannot open . Hopefully that does not happen while you are on air live.

• Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media)) responded on 2 October 2018 at 9:54am

Hi Susan,

The stream isn't available on WorldBalletDay.com - we recommend you watch the stream from The Royal Ballet in platform on Facebook or on this page, where we've embedded the livestream.

Thanks,

24. Valerie responded on 2 October 2018 at 8:11am Reply

I've watched World Ballet Day every year since it began but can't access it all this year
    The Australian Ballet was on Facebook but there seems no way to watch the Bolshoi
    Will try to see the Royal Ballet at 9pm local time (Australia)

25. Ost Dreck responded on 2 October 2018 at 8:33am Reply

Disappointing if only on Facebook. Not only is not the social media platform of choice but it is banned in many workplaces.

• Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media)) responded on 2 October 2018 at 9:55am

Hi,

Yes, we'll only be streaming on Facebook but the stream will be available on YouTube on demand following the event.

26. Vicky Alba responded on 2 October 2018 at 9:08am Reply

A bit rum that those of us who don't do social media are unable to view this. So disappointing, unless I'm looking in totally the wrong place!

• Chris Fox responded on 2 October 2018 at 1:19pm

It's disgraceful that we can't watch this event unless we're on Facebook. I've watched it live stream for years, but never on Facebook. I earmarked today to have no other events and now I'm left high and dry. Who makes these decisions to exclude those of us who are smart enough not to be on social media?

• Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media)) responded on 2 October 2018 at 4:04pm

Hi Chris,

You don't need a Facebook account to watch the stream; please click the link to watch the stream and dismiss the pop up that prompts you to get an account.

27. Lizanne responded on 2 October 2018 at 9:14am Reply

How can I watch this? My computers will not load it (have tried more than one). Say there are too many redirects

28. Pauline Hartwell responded on 2 October 2018 at 9:51am Reply

Still no live stream through Facebook, many people must be livid, looking forward to this day all the year.

• Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media)) responded on 2 October 2018 at 9:56am

Hi,
      Our livestream goes live at 12pm UK time.

29. Elaine Asbridge responded on 2 October 2018 at 10:39am Reply

I'm so furious I can't watch this live - I don't want a Facebook account (data breaches etc) I've swapped my days at work to be able to watch live! I've been trying to watch since 8.30am - imagine my frustration.

30. elleG responded on 2 October 2018 at 10:39am Reply

To be honest, this is a disgrace. People the world over are struggling to find the links on Facebook. I simply do not understand why you do not 'live stream' this yourselves as you do for Insight events etc. Don't you want people to watch unless they first endure unnecessary stress? The obvious place to find the RB should be on this website. But I guess that there is some financial gain for the ROH in showing it this way?

• Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media)) responded on 2 October 2018 at 4:03pm

Hi,

We've chosen to share the stream on Facebook this year as we're able to reach the largest number of people with our livestream this way. There is no financial gain for us in doing this. The link to watch the stream is available to anyone, whether or not they have a Facebook account.

31. michael responded on 2 October 2018 at 11:56am Reply

I find it unacceptable that I would have to join an organisation like Facebook in order to watch World Ballet Day live. I am not on Facebook and am not happy to join. As a major supporter of the Royal Ballet for more than 40 years I think people like me are being treated shabbily.

• Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media)) responded on 2 October 2018 at 4:02pm

Hi Michael,

You don't need a Facebook account to watch - simply click the link to watch the video and click 'Not now' when a prompt to set up an account shows on your screen.

Mel

32. Was thinking no simple world timetable and a horror mix of time zones that was impossible to work out was the main problem, but reading comments here today seems its only on facebook! how sad, many loyal ballet fans do not do facebook, so its not inclusive.
    An australian section had appeared on utube, can't hear a word they are saying as other years, not sure why they even try audio.
    So only RB sections will be available after? was looking forward to another 'world' experience in real time, its a real shame.

33. TonyR responded on 2 October 2018 at 12:08pm Reply

Great. Wait all year for this and then can't watch it because it's on Facebook!
    Well done!

34. Henry Young responded on 2 October 2018 at 12:19pm Reply

The best day of the year to catch up with admired companies. This innovation and broadcasts to cinemas are wonderful.

35. Manon1753 responded on 2 October 2018 at 12:55pm Reply

Trying to have a peep during my short lunch break at work - but face book is banned. Why, WHY are you going through Facebook?

36. jennifer barker responded on 2 October 2018 at 1:07pm Reply

I am 72 - with repaired knees - but still manage to do some of the movements in this amazing class - which is such a thrill. This is a red letter day for me every year. The wondeful feeling lasts for days and days. Thank you so much - Jennifer

37. Pauline Hartwell responded on 2 October 2018 at 1:57pm Reply

I was not happy to hear Facebook was going to be the only way to see the world ballet day 2018 as it is like Big Brother, but I openned an account, but even so it is not working. There must be a better way for the next time. Such a shame!! To see the video later is not the same as seeing it live.

38. Devam Hendry responded on 2 October 2018 at 2:01pm Reply

No sound from Birmingham

39. Jewels responded on 2 October 2018 at 2:02pm Reply

Been watching the morning footage from the Bolshoi and Royal absolutely fine. Cut to Birmingham R/B and sound has gone??

40. Michael Sefi responded on 2 October 2018 at 2:10pm Reply

The ROH stream is total rubbish - please never use Facebook again. (The Russian feed was better actually, but both suffer from frozen screens/blacked out screens/jerky action/no sound at times, like now,) Even when the action is "live" and not gone black or frozen, it's fuzzy/out of focus. I've seen this before with Facebook streams of live events.

41. Edward responded on 2 October 2018 at 2:25pm Reply

Thank you very much from Moscow.

42. Sarah responded on 2 October 2018 at 2:28pm Reply

The ICT has been poor this year - I can’t get it on Facebook or on this page. Hugely disappointing.

43. JUDITH CARROLL responded on 2 October 2018 at 2:40pm Reply

My computer has crashed enless times on this facebook connection, unable to view more than 5 mins of this wonderful day! frustrated!

44. Rachel responded on 2 October 2018 at 3:15pm Reply

I can't seem to get anything live to open! Vert frustrating
    Joined FB just to be able to watch....very sad
    Have tried n laptop & iphone

45. rachel marlow responded on 2 October 2018 at 3:19pm Reply

This is an appalling mess as every way I try to view anything it is not available.
    PLEASE use more additional streaming methods in future as clearly one platform alone is failing all

46. alexander paine responded on 2 October 2018 at 3:20pm Reply

Dear Mel

what a shame I can't watch this live!! your embedded video does not work and tried colleagues with Facebook but nothing. Finally found it by going to ROH www on my mobile...too late for my sons performance though..

• Melinda responded on 2 October 2018 at 6:03pm

I have the same issue, the embeded video does not seem to work. I went home early in order to see as much of it live as possible. :(

47. Toni Bright responded on 2 October 2018 at 4:01pm Reply

I took the day off work in order to watch, to find on looking closer that it was only available on Facebook. I don't use Facebook for a variety of well publicised reasons. While you have told us repeatedly to view on Facebook and advised that it will be available afterwards on YouTube - not the same thing at all, live is live not history, you haven't explained why you have chosen to use Facebook, thus excluding a proportion of your loyal supporters. What is the explanation??

• Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media)) responded on 2 October 2018 at 4:12pm

Hi Toni,

We've taken the decision to share the stream on Facebook in order to reach as many people as possible, so we can share our love of ballet with as broad an audience as we can. The stream is available to watch, whether or not you have a Facebook account, so we hope you're able to watch by clicking the link to watch the video.

• Anastasia responded on 2 October 2018 at 6:06pm

In response to Mel's response to Toni, no, the stream was not available to watch without a Facebook account. In order to watch it, one was requested to log in to Facebook. I do not and will not use Facebook and I think that the Royal Ballet's brand should not be associated with any particular social media platform. You should built an information sharing platform on your own website and start using it. Promote your brand, not Facebook please.

48. Anne responded on 2 October 2018 at 4:22pm Reply

Hi, Mel
    What you say above about not needing a Facebook account does not appear to be true now that your embedded screen has disappeared from your web page, at least if one is using an iPad. The Facebook app does not offer a ‘not now’ option.

49. Helen Green responded on 2 October 2018 at 5:19pm Reply

Hi Mel and team,
    yes, very disappointing total coverage this year. For the same reasons as Toni i do not venture into social media. I set aside the day but the window offering the live stream informing us to refresh the page at 04:00 hrs never worked until after midday UK time. Live YouTube is surely more widely accessed. Last year seemed to flow from one Host company/country to another, but not apparently this year, so I and others having missed the earlier contributions, cannot continue to admire the expertise from across the Atlantic. I do hope the strategy will be re-thought across the board for next year.
    Regards,
    Helen

50. Matt responded on 2 October 2018 at 6:15pm Reply

Is it possible to watch it now that it has finished? Or will we have to wait until it is uploaded on YouTube?

• Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media)) responded on 2 October 2018 at 7:40pm

Hi Matt,

We'll be uploading on YouTube as soon as the stream has finished processing.

Many thanks for your patience.

51. TonyR responded on 2 October 2018 at 6:16pm Reply

I have a PC with two different browsers, an iphone, ipad and a smart TV (LG) and I can't get the Facebook video on any of them.
    I am also a Friend of the Royal Opera House and a regular visitor to live ballet performances.
    This is hugely disappointing!

52. ROH, what seems to be getting missed here is that even if people clicked the link here on this page to watch the livestream, it didn't always work. The connection was intermittently interrupted/inaccessible.

• Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media)) responded on 2 October 2018 at 7:39pm

Hi,

Thanks for your comment. I can confirm that other than one technical issue with the sound, the five hour livestream was broadcast successfully without interruption. We will be adding the YouTube link to this page as soon as it is uploaded; many thanks for your patience.

Thanks,

• ML responded on 4 October 2018 at 1:11am

Mel- even if it was broadcast successfully it doesn't mean viewers could actually see it. You'll have to ask Facebook and their IT experts why it crashed so much.....especially during the popular segments! The huge numbers of people posting emojis and comments simultaneously might have something to do with it. Yet Youtube seemed to handle reactions or comments very well in the past without freezing constantly. Far from attracting more people to view the events, it actually caused more people to switch off. I don't think you can say it was a resounding success when the millions who were logged in for 10-20 minutes were actually looking at frozen screens half the time (and then walked off to get coffee for the rest of it).

53. elleG responded on 2 October 2018 at 6:33pm Reply

Unfortunately, it was very unclear that it was actually possible to watch WBD without going via Facebook and, as three of my devices had a blank on your page where the screen should be, there was no option at all on them. However, having struggled to get something on my phone and one computer, the feed kept cutting out and the segment on BRB had no sound at all. You are speaking of reaching as many people as possible but, on the basis of reports from friends across the UK and some abroad as well, I have to tell you that you failed spectacularly. Some had taken days off work and all they got was frustration. This relfects very badly on the ROH/RB.

54. Karenb responded on 2 October 2018 at 7:19pm Reply

When I tried to click on the link it goes straight to the 'log in or join' page. There is no option to say ' not now' . I tried this first thing this morning and again after a day at school teaching. It wouldn't work on either occasion. So disappointed.

55. Rowena V responded on 2 October 2018 at 7:57pm Reply

So disappointing the livestream did not work for so many. Hope it is corrected for next year.

56. The YouTube link now appears to be up but is showing as “video unavailable.” More problems. Please sort this out.

I’m relatively computer savvy but the whole thing seems to have been made unnecessarily complicated with people struggling to even find the right links in the first place. It really needs looking at for next year.

57. Jennifer Day responded on 2 October 2018 at 9:07pm Reply

So sad to not be able to access the Royal Ballet's contribution on youtube this year. (This page stated we could watch it on this page but that was not possible..... at any time. :-(

58. kjdd responded on 2 October 2018 at 9:56pm Reply

Enjoyed what I salvaged live.... and hope to see what I missed (atleast from UK) another day.
    You say you decided to share this only on facebook to reach as many people as possible, but it really failed unfortunately, there were many different problems as listed on here, I also experienced alot of 'buffering' lost connection particularly on the first la bayadere rehearsal which I was really wanting to see, missed it completely ..and then no sound.
    Why break something that wasn't broken!?
    Everyone has access to Utube! so its inclusive and I've never had any of these technical problems since yr1... and you could see the rest of the world which was kind of the idea wasn't it?
    I do not believe it was a success to have such a separated world ballet day, where we non facebook fans can only see UK broadcast thanks to a kindly link here.. which was however appreciated.
    Thanks to everyone involved today! and atleast I saw some of it uninterrupted which was great! but please realise that this facebook venture was neither technically upto a standard to showcase dance nor the spirit of a united world.

59. Michael Sefi responded on 2 October 2018 at 10:35pm Reply

I finally quit the Facebook stream at 2.45 (see my 2.10 criticism) but I am delighted (underline) to see the YouTube coverage is up - crystal clear and full sound. I'm watching some now and will watch the rest tomorrow...

60. Annie responded on 5 October 2018 at 3:19am Reply

I've already seen the YouTube version. Just a couple of cuts, but it's ok. Please, please, don't lose some parts - like interviews or short rehearsals- like you did last yea, after you break it up in small pieces afterwards. Last year, we lost some parts, and we don't want to miss anything in the future.

61. Annie responded on 5 October 2018 at 3:25am Reply

And thanks so much Royal Ballet for letting us be part of you for some hours and for preparing this day so lovingly and carefully.
    I loved to watch all the principals!! And equally I loved to watch Mayara in her incredible variation as well as Joseph Sissens solo. They were a treat to watch. And for the whole ensemble: You're the core of the company. Each one of you, with no exception is a unique, beautiful and talented dancer.

62. Andrew McCallum responded on 8 October 2018 at 2:59pm Reply

i watched it all later on you tube perhaps next year streaming on both facebook and you tube might be the answer .

Being as popular as it is the more live streams the better.