18 September 2012 at 6.26pm | Comment on this article
This Season, audiences will be offered the chance to gain exclusive insights into the work of The Royal Opera and The Royal Ballet through intimate events for our various circles of support. Events will give unprecedented access to the work of the Royal Opera House’s two companies.
Some of the special events on offer include:
- Antonio Pappano, John Tomlinson and Christine Rice will demonstrate their roles in The Minotaur to members of the Maestro’s Circle in a masterclass.
- Jonas Kaufmann and Liam Scarlett will discuss their careers as part of the Connoisseurs’ Series at evenings hosted in private homes and venues in central London. Connoisseurs supporters will have the opportunity to meet with Jonas, Liam and a number of other artists at these informal events.
- The Royal Opera’s production of Eugene Onegin is sure to attract attention when it opens in January 2013 and Artists’ Circle members will be able to meet the cast and creative team behind Kasper Holten’s anticipated new production at a seated dinner after the performance.
- Wagnerians will be able to attend special insights with leading academics and the Orchestra of the Royal Opera House to further explore the composer’s unique approach, through membership of the Wagner Circle. These events will include a special evening with tenor Toby Spence.
- Finally, balletomanes will be able to meet choreographer Alexei Ratmansky, who this season will choreograph his debut work with The Royal Ballet. Fonteyn Circle members will have access to six special events across the Season, as well as invitations to The Royal Ballet in Class and In Rehearsal.
Such events offer a deeper insight into the repertory and the rehearsal process, and allow participants to become more closely involved with both our productions and artists. Find out more about the ways that you can support the work of The Royal Opera House. Each and every contribution is very much appreciated.