26 November 2015 at 10.35am | 1 Comment
The Royal Opera House Grand Draw 2016 is now open, and this year we have 35 fantastic prizes on offer.
The lucky first prize winner will be treated to a two-night stay at The Bloomsbury with tickets in the ROH Royal Box to La traviata. The second prize winner will be whisked away on a luxury weekend in Paris with opera or ballet tickets at the Paris Opera – travel is via Eurostar and accommodation is provided by Opera in Style.
There are other weekend breaks and many more fantastic prizes on offer, including luxury hampers, dining experiences and beauty treatments. You can find the full list of prizes below.
Tickets are only £2 each and all proceeds directly support the Royal Opera House Covent Garden Foundation, a registered charity.
At the Royal Opera House we rely on contributions from our supporters to continue to present all aspects of our extraordinary work. The cost of just one Grand Draw ticket could provide the label for one of the three hundred hats worn in Boris Godunov this Season. Eight tickets could cover the cost of a hat box, providing safe storage for a piece of costume in the newly opened Bob and Tamar Manoukian Costume Centre in Thurrock.
‘I was one of those people who never won anything until I entered the Royal Opera House Grand Draw’, says Mandy, a Grand Draw winner last year. ‘So I was amazed and thrilled to win the second prize — tickets to Swan Lake and a stay at the Savoy. The prize was wonderful and I have lots of lovely memories now. I shall definitely be entering again this year, not only because the prizes are out of this world but also because it provides huge support to the Royal Opera House, which is so important.’
- 1st Prize Two-night stay for two people at The Bloomsbury Hotel with tickets to The Royal Opera’s La traviata
- 2nd Prize Weekend in Paris for two people with opera or ballet tickets
- 3rd Prize One-night stay for two people at the St. James’s Hotel and Club with tickets to The Royal Ballet’s Giselle
- 4th Prize Two-night stay for two at the Portrait Firenze in Florence
- 5th Prize Weekend stay for two at the Old Swan and Minster Mill, Cotswolds
- 6th Prize Weekend stay for two at the Cary Arms, Devon
- 7th Prize Marina Rinaldi shopping experience
- 8th Prize Gazelli facial
- 9th Prize A bottle of Penfolds Grange 2011 wine
- 10th Prize Harrods luxury hamper
- 11th Prize Pair of handmade bags from The Cambridge Satchel Company
- 12th Prize Case of Chapel Down Rosé Brut
- 13th Prize L’Occitane luxury hamper
- 14th Prize Dinner for two at Fera at Claridge’s
- 15th Prize Dinner for two at the Opera Tavern
- 16th Prize Dining experience at Moti Mahal
- 17th Prize Geo F Trumper hamper
- 18th Prize Cocorose London shoes
- 19th Prize Cashmere wrap from Pepper & Mayne
- 20th Prize £250 gift card for the Electric Cinema
- 21st Prize Lunch or dinner at Polpo on Maiden Lane
- 22nd Prize Two tickets to Ann Hallenberg at the Wigmore Hall
- 23rd Prize Live ROH Cinema broadcast tickets
- 24th Prize Habitat pamper kit
- 25th Prize Royal Ballet DVDs
- 26th Prize Royal Opera DVDs
- 27th Prize Carlos Acosta at The Royal Ballet book
- 28th and 29th Prizes Elie Saab box set
- 30th Prize L’eau d’Issey Pour Homme box set containing shower gel, soothing aftershave balm and eau de toilette.
- 31st–35th Prizes Ballet Spectacular DVD and book set
Thank you for your support, and good luck!
Terms and Conditions: The closing date for entries of the 2016 Grand Draw is Wednesday 10 February, with the draw taking place on 17 February 2015. Winners will be notified in writing in February 2016. Tickets are not to be sold by or to any person under 18 years of age and we are sorry that the draw is only open to UK mainland residents. Late entries will be treated as a donation.
For raffle rules, including full terms and conditions, please visit our Grand Draw website.