Please note that you cannot upgrade to a higher level of membership before your membership year has expired. It is only possible to upgrade when you renew. Membership upgrades may take until the next day to take effect.
If you purchase a Gift Membership online, you will be emailed a gift certificate for the recipient to redeem online or by telephone. For assistance, please telephone the Friends' Office on +44 (0)20 7212 9268.
Levels of membership
Friend @ £90
- Advance booking ahead of the public - you can purchase between one and four tickets for most productions and sometimes up to six. However, the number will occasionally be restricted to two tickets for productions where there is exceptional demand.
- The opportunity to book a limited number of general rehearsal tickets (most rehearsal tickets are in the Amphitheatre).
- A subscription to our quarterly Royal Opera House Magazine and monthly e-newsletter.
- 10% discount in the Royal Opera House Shop (excluding programmes and magazines).
- The knowledge that your contribution is directly supporting the Royal Opera House.
Friends+ @ £160
- All the above benefits, with advance booking ahead of Friends and the opportunity to apply for two general rehearsal tickets.
(This membership was previously known as Joint Friends)
Supporting Friend @ £380
- All the above benefits, with advance booking ahead of Friends+, an invitation to the annual Season Preview and a personal acknowledgement on the Royal Opera House website.
Premium 1 Friend @ £1,010
- All the above benefits, with advance and rehearsal booking ahead of Supporting Friends, Friends+, Friends and invitation to some exclusive events.
Premium 2 Friend @ £1,900
- All the above benefits, with the highest level of advance and rehearsal booking of all Friends' levels. Premium 2 Friends can book four rehearsal tickets at the same time as booking performance tickets.
- If you’re aged 16-30 and want to discover more about what is offered on stage and behind the scenes at the Royal Opera House, then become an Insider. The membership offers the advantages of priority booking, backstage news, access to insight events, and invitations to three exclusive Young Friends events across the Season, including a backstage tour. You will be required to provide proof of age.
Need more information?
Please call +44 (0)20 7212 9268 between 9:30 am and 5:30 pm Monday to Friday, or email our Friends' Membership Office.
See a list of our current Premium and Supporting Friends.