This year’s Pointe Shoes Appeal celebrates Marianela Nuñez, a Principal dancer with The Royal Ballet. Incredibly, Marianela has been dancing with the Company for a wonderful 20 years.
‘Pointe shoes are our life; I could not dance without them.’
Marianela Nuñez, Principal with The Royal Ballet
Every Season The Royal Ballet dance through over 6,000 pairs of pointe shoes. Gifts to our annual appeal support these costs and we are grateful for donations of all amounts.
- £20 could provide a roll of pointe shoes ribbon to last Marianela a whole year
- £39 could provide one pair of pointe shoes for Marianela to dance the Sugar Plum Fairy in the live cinema relay of The Nutcracker
- £78 could provide two pairs of pointe shoes for Marianela in one performance of La Bayadère
- £117 could provide enough pointe shoes for Marianela in a performance of The Sleeping Beauty
- £351 could provide enough pointe shoes for Marianela’s performances in Don Quixote
- £936 could provide 24 pairs of shoes for Royal Ballet artists in the Kingdom of the Shades entrance in La Bayadère
To make a gift, complete the form below or call Georgie on +44 (0)20 7212 9127. Thank you for supporting the Royal Opera House.
You can also make a gift over the phone by calling Georgie on+44 (0)20 7212 9127.