Help our costumes last a lifetime
Every costume you see on the Royal Opera House stage has been produced by the world-class team in the Royal Opera House Costume Department.
Our annual Costume Appeal supports the vital costs of this important and busy department, ensuring that we can preserve the exceptional quality of the costumes that we produce, while providing a place to train the next generation of costume-makers and keep rare costume-making skills alive.
We make each costume with the intention that it should be used for the lifetime of a production. As they are made to last, this means that the same costumes may be used in an opera or ballet production for up to fifty years.
By making a gift today, you can help us preserve world-class performances at the Royal Opera House not only for now, but far into the future.
How can you help?
- £25 could pay for the materials to make one headdress.
- £50 could pay for the net, shoulder elastic and steel hoop for one tutu.
- £100 could pay for two boxes of costume jewels for the Hats and Jewellery Department.
- £200 could pay for four pots of specialist fabric dye, to last for one run of a production.
- £300 could pay for enough calico for 15 prototype costumes.
- £500 could pay for enough decorative braid to add the final touches to 50 costumes.
You can also make a gift over the telephone by calling Georgie Barry on +44 (0)20 7212 9127 or enquire via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support.