Your Reaction: Plácido Domingo In Conversation live stream

Catch up with Antonio Pappano's chat with the opera star, and see a selection of audience comments.

By Ellen West (Head of Creative Studios and Digital Products)

12 October 2014 at 9.29pm | 8 Comments

The event currently starts 19:58 into the video. We will upload an edited version on Monday 13 October.

Royal Opera House Insights programme is generously supported by The Paul Hamlyn Foundation.

This event was also streamed live on the BBC Arts website.

By Ellen West (Head of Creative Studios and Digital Products)

12 October 2014 at 9.29pm

This article has been categorised Opera and tagged Antonio Pappano, baritone, by Plácido Domingo, by Thaddeus Strassberger, conducting, conductor, I due Foscari, live stream, Operalia, Placido Domingo, tenor, your reaction

1. Lan Xiao responded on 13 October 2014 at 1:03am Reply

It was a most wonderful conversation with Maestro Domingo. It was deeply moving when he said theater is his life. Maestro, OUR lives have become so much better because of you. The insights Maestro Domingo shared with us, as well as the way he conveyed them, once again confirm my conviction that he is the most talented and most generous opera singer, ever, in the history of opera. I hope to see Maestro Domingo on the international stage for as long as he feels like to. Thank you Maestro, thank you Maestro Pappano and thank you Royal Opera for everything and particularly for making this event and live streaming possible.

2. rosalind dimmock responded on 13 October 2014 at 2:13pm Reply

I am so pleased that all of you people who watched the interview for free enjoyed it. Your enjoyment was paid for by myself and the others who attended the event in person and had no view of either interviewer nor interviewee.

• Chris Shipman (Head of Brand Engagement and Social Media) responded on 13 October 2014 at 4:27pm

Hi Rosalind,

Sorry to hear you weren't able to see. If you'd like to discuss further please do email learning@roh.org.uk - the Insights team will be able to reply to your feedback personally.

Thanks

Chris
      ROH Content Producer

3. Jane Clay responded on 13 October 2014 at 2:30pm Reply

Thank you for a very interesting evening.
    And thank you for asking the Maestro my question, we enjoyed every moment.
    We have followed his career for over 35 years and long may he continue.

4. Doris Tozer responded on 13 October 2014 at 7:32pm Reply

Dear Placido and Antonio
    We have just spent a wonderful hour and a half watching you both on stage live from the Royal Opera House.

Placido, it was a wonderful insight into your life and Career. You are the best Actor and singer in the world of Opera. You are also generous with your time for young singers of today.

I look forward to seeing you in I due Foscari on 20th October.

Love Doris

5. Penny P responded on 18 October 2014 at 5:04pm Reply

what a privilege to 'be there'! however, 2 rows from the back, unable to see either PD or AP, or indeed, hear them!! have tried watching on ROH website and YouTube, sound quality VERY poor!

6. Dee Makin responded on 19 October 2014 at 9:48pm Reply

On receiving the ticket for the Placido Domingo in Conversation event I was very excited as I've been a fan for many years. However from my seat near the back I was unable to see a thing for the entire hour and a half! Also it was quite difficult to hear as well. Having viewed the interview on the website I still couldn't hear properly as the volume would not respond to going any higher! As the journey from Brighton took over 3 hours each way due to bus replacements on the train line I considered it to be £35 not very well spent! Hopefully my evening at the ROH to see "I Due Foscari" will prove more rewarding.

• Chris Shipman (Head of Brand Engagement and Social Media) responded on 23 October 2014 at 12:06pm

Hi Dee,

Sorry to hear you were disappointed. We've passed your comments onto the technical team who will bear them in mind for future events.

Hope you enjoy the performance of the opera.

Thanks