11 April 2014 at 3.29pm | Comment on this article
As part of the Culture Change programme, environmental charity Julie’s Bicycle is offering free bespoke one-to-one support to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the East of England. This free support, which is available until March 2015, will help businesses to use and understand IG Tools (Industry Green Tools), and to learn sustainable business practices.
IG Tools, created by Julie’s Bicycle specifically for use across all creative and cultural sectors, are a set of carbon calculator tools that accurately measure a businesses’ environmental impact. Designed to take measurements from a variety of activity, including touring and festivals, the IG tools help to pinpoint environmental impact points and so create sustainable management strategies.
SMEs in the East of England can receive support in learning their way around these tools with the assistance of a dedicated environmental advisor from Julie’s Bicycle, ensuring that they can:
- Collect relevant data on their activities;
- Measure their carbon footprint;
- Identify key areas of environmental impact and associated costs;
- Develop targeted actions to reduce these impacts and costs;
- Track their progress over time.
The advisers will also help businesses to:
- Improve their environmental know-how;
- Develop a business case for environmental action;
- Develop and implement an environmental policy and action plan;
- Address specific environmental actions around areas including design, production, office, and business travel;
- Encourage behaviour change by engaging with staff, suppliers, audiences and clients.
To access this free support please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8746 0400.
Julie's Bicycle is an environmental charity dedicated to making environmental sustainability intrinsic to the business, art and ethics of the creative industries. It is currently working with over 1,000 creative businesses in the UK and internationally, using the latest tools and resources to support sustainable business growth.
Culture Change is a business support programme that provides a minimum of 12 hours free support to SMEs in the East of England. The programme, which is supported by the European Regional Development Fund, is delivered in partnership with Creative & Cultural Skills, Julie’s Bicycle, High House Production Park and Thurrock Council.