Cast Changes: The Nutcracker on 12, 16, 17, 18 and 21 December 2015

Cast changes for the role of the Prince, including the live cinema relay on 16 December.

By Ellen West (Head of Creative Studios and Digital Products)

16 December 2015 at 4.00pm | 10 Comments

[Last updated on 17 December 2015: Cast changes for 16, 17, 18 and 21 December added]

Cast changes for the role of the Prince in The Nutcracker on 12, 16, 17, 18 and 21 December 2015 have been announced.

Alexander Campbell will replace Federico Bonelli for the performance on 12, 17 and 21 December.

Nehemiah Kish will replace Matthew Golding for the performance on 16 and for the matinee performance on 18 December.

If you have a ticket please see terms and conditions of sale.

By Ellen West (Head of Creative Studios and Digital Products)

16 December 2015 at 4.00pm

This article has been categorised Ballet and tagged cast change, Production

1. Woska responded on 15 December 2015 at 6:27pm Reply

Looking forward for tomorrow's live broadcast. Though I love very much to see MGolding dance, N Kish is also one of my favourites. Hope MGolding is not ill.

2. Paul responded on 16 December 2015 at 4:29pm Reply

Am so sad that this is not being shown in Houston, Texas. They had the Bolshoi on last year and it was just dreadful. The Royal Ballet has become my favorite and really wish I could see it in theatres this year.

3. Pauline responded on 17 December 2015 at 8:54am Reply

Watched the wonderful relay in the cinema but we didn't have an up to date cast list. It was a brilliant performance but I think Kish struggled with some of the pas de deux work.

4. Valerie Knight responded on 17 December 2015 at 3:18pm Reply

I watched the rehearsal with Matthew Golding on YouTube. I don't think he is a particularly good partner for Lauren Cuthbertson. She and Nehemiah Kish couldn't have had much rehearsal time together. I was mesmerised by Lauren C. at the cinema last night and Nehemiah was a very supportive and elegant Prince.

5. Andrew Walters responded on 18 December 2015 at 10:30am Reply

Sorry to hear that Msrs Golding and Bonelli are both off at the moment? Has the Royal Ballet fallen foul of the mild winter germs? Am also delighted to see that Alexander Campbell is being promoted to the Prince. He is a wonderful Nutcracker and I've seen him in the role twice now, including the cinema relay, and the Act 1 pas de deux with Clara ( Francesca Hayward, equally rapturous! ) was for me the highlight of the performance. A star coupling I think! Bravo to both!

6. Grahame responded on 18 December 2015 at 3:12pm Reply

Could't agree more with Andrew Walters (above). Campbell surely now owns the role of the Nutcracker with his effortless, graceful dancing and superb acting. Seen most of his Nutcrackers and also last night in the role of the Prince he was stunning with Laura Morera's Sugarplum Fairy. He always dances the music rather than just the steps and perfectly complemented Laura's musicality. And to cap it all he's stepped up so readily night after night, replacing injured dancers alongside his scheduled performances. Kevin O'Hare must be thanking his lucky stars he's got such an outstanding dancer on his books and we in the audience are equally lucky.

7. Bridie Macmahon responded on 19 December 2015 at 10:09am Reply

I also thought that Hayward and Campbell were wonderful together in the cinema relay performance - individually brilliant, and beautifully matched. I hope very much they will dance together again.

8. Mrs Avril Hunt responded on 21 December 2015 at 10:38pm Reply

On the 16th December '15 I attended the live circuit performance of The Nutcracker, Trinity Arts Tunbridge Wells. Upon returning home I felt it most necessary to send a message to the Royal Opera House with regard to the extremely badly lit presentation of this ballet. I have checked with other venues showing on this date, only to find that they also experienced a very dark viewing, one to mention is the Harbour Lights at Southampton.
    I feel very much aggrieved to have experienced such a poor such a disappointing evening. The evening was
    MOST DEFINITELY NOT WHAT WAS EXPECTED FROM THIS ESTABLISHMENT

• Sarah Walsh (Cinema Account Coordinator) responded on 4 January 2016 at 3:55pm

Dear Mrs. Hunt,

Firstly, please let me apologise for the delay in my response to you. Secondly, I'm very sorry for your disappointment during The Nutcracker. While true that some parts of the production are indeed quite dark this in no way should have been to the extent that you describe. We run numerous tests before each live screening to test every aspect of each production to ensure that they're of the highest quality for our cinema audiences. I am going to pass your comments along to the Trinity Arts Centre and see if they had any equipment issues on the night and I will also raise your concerns with our in-house production team.

Kind regards,

Sarah

9. Ruth shane responded on 2 January 2016 at 10:36am Reply

Saw the live relay. Gary Avis is more than the some of his parts so to speak. Of course his dancing is excellent. But beyond that adds a strength and warmth that 'holds' the performance . Anyway, I loved the whole performance especially the Principle dancers. Thank you to you all