Discover more about opera, ballet and the Royal Opera House in fun-packed Sundays, ideal for all the family, with a range of exciting and creative activities.
Bow Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2E 9DD
Ahoy there, all you explorers, travellers, shipmates and seafarers! This Family Sunday celebrates some of the many operas and ballets inspired by famous adventures across the sea to far-away places.
- Explore maritime myths, magic and folklore
- Get involved in family dance-classes led by ballet dancers inspired by the movement of water and sea creatures
- Sing songs and sea-shanties with guidance from a renown opera conductor
- Build nautical props in workshops with expert stagecraft teams
- Embark on an exciting journey aboard a fantastical ship with a Royal Opera House crew
With many events and activities inspired by operas and ballets, you might climb aboard HMS Indomitable with Captain Vere from Britten's Billy Budd, scour the waves in search of strange sea-maidens from Dvorák's Rusalka or spot the mysterious ghost ship from Wagner's The Flying Dutchman.
Generously supported by
The Paul Hamlyn Education Fund
You may only book up to six tickets per Sunday
Free guided tours run at specific times throughout the day, inviting you and your family to explore some hidden areas of the Royal Opera House. These tours can be booked in advance through the Event + Tour ticket option, subject to availability.
Events finish at 3pm or 3:30pm, depending on the day
Suitable for all, but activities are targeted towards families with children aged 3 to 10
Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times
If you also book a guided tour please be at the meeting point before the tour starts, as latecomers cannot join the tour