Discover more about opera, ballet and the Royal Opera House in fun-packed Sundays, ideal for all the family, with a range of exciting and creative activities.
Bow Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2E 9DD
We welcome families of all ages to join us at the Royal Opera House for a Family Sunday bursting with beats. Beat Out that Rhythm celebrates our unique and individual potential to create music, to move to melody and sing with soul on a day for everyone to explore their music-making potential.
- Tippy Tappy Tempo Toes with demonstrations and displays from ballet shoe makers Freed of London
- Revel in the Rhythm with a recital from JPYA Link Artists Chuma Sijeqa and Thando Mjandana
- Storytelling from TEDx alumni storyteller Jan Blake and percussionist John Pradere
- ROH Thurrock Community Chorus perform their interpretation of Bizet’s masterpiece Carmen
- Fly the Flag with Scribble and Smudge: explore the UN Declaration of Human Rights, including your right to create
- How to compose with Aga and Will at Play with the Pulse
- Musical magic on the marimba, saxophone, guitar and many other instruments
- Cheeky conductor Billy and his all-star super ensemble Billy’s Band raise the roof, featuring members of the Orchestra of the Royal Opera House
- A paper instrument or fantastic flag in the Crush Room
- Animation Magic – play a starring role with film-maker Reza Ben-Gajra
- Try on costumes from Royal Opera House productions
- Sing and sway at Sing to the Rhythm
End the day having a boogie with Everybody Dance in the Paul Hamlyn Hall led by the National Royal Opera House Create and Dance team.
Generously supported by
The Paul Hamlyn Education Fund
You may only book up to six tickets per Sunday
Free guided tours run at specific times throughout the day, inviting you and your family to explore some hidden areas of the Royal Opera House. These tours can be booked in advance through the Event + Tour ticket option, subject to availability.
Events finish at approximately 2.45pm
Suitable for all, but activities are targeted towards families with children aged 3 to 10
Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times
If you also book a guided tour please be at the meeting point before the tour starts, as latecomers cannot join the tour