What is a gift certificate and where can I buy one?
You can buy a gift certificate to give to someone else, who can then redeem the value of the certificate against either tickets or Friends membership. You can buy a ticket gift certificate or a membership gift certificate online. You can also purchase them in person at the Box Office or by telephone on +44 (0)20 7304 4000.
If I buy a gift certificate online, what do I receive?
You will receive the gift by post, which you can then give to the intended recipient. The certificate will have a unique number and includes instructions (also given below) on how it can be redeemed, either online or by telephone.
Will my gift certificate arrive before Christmas?
All Gift Certificate orders placed before midnight on Thursday 18 December will be sent as 1st class post on 19 December, which is Royal Mail's last posting date for delivery by 24 December.
- Go to www.roh.org.uk and select your tickets for the production you would like to attend.
- When you Proceed to checkout you will need to sign in or register.
- Below the summary of your order there will be space to enter your unique certificate number.
- Once you have entered your certificate number the payment amount will be reduced by the value of the certificate.
- Please Accept the terms and conditions, add a donation if you wish to, and Place your order.
- You have now purchased your tickets. You can choose to have them delivered by post or to collect them at the Box Office.
How to redeem a ticket gift certificate by telephone:
Telephone the Box Office on +44 (0)20 7304 4000. Select the tickets you wish to purchase and give your certificate number to the telephone operator, who will be able to assist you in redeeming it against your tickets.
How to redeem a membership gift certificate online:
- Go to www.roh.org.uk/support/membership/friends and sign in or register.
- Find the level of membership indicated on the gift certificate and click the Join/Renew button below.
- On the next page click Add to Basket.
- Proceed to checkout and below the summary of your order there will be space to enter your unique certificate number.
- Once you have entered your certificate number the payment amount will appear as zero. Please Accept the terms and conditions, add a donation if you wish to, and Place your order.
- Your membership will now be activated, so whenever you sign in you will be able to view Friends’ information by clicking your name at the top of the screen.
How to redeem a membership gift certificate by telephone:
Telephone the Friends’ Office on +44 (0)20 7212 9268 with your certificate number, name and address details to hand.