Could you help us dance in the shoes we need this Christmas with a gift to our Point Shoe appeal?
Read this year's Pointe Shoe Appeal letter from Principal of the Royal Ballet, Lauren Cuthbertson:
In some of this Season’s performances of The Nutcracker, I’ll be dancing the role of the Sugar Plum Fairy. It’s a beautiful and demanding role and it is vital that my shoes allow me to give my best performance.
And that’s why I’m emailing you today, to ask if you can help us with a gift to our Pointe Shoes Appeal. It is thanks to our supporters’ generosity that we in The Royal Ballet can dance in handmade pointe shoes throughout each Season.
Each pair of pointe shoes costs The Royal Ballet £39 and during a year we get through over six thousand pairs.
There are 47 roles in The Nutcracker that require us to dance on pointe, so just one performance can cost a total of £1,833 in pointe shoes.
Your gift of £39 could provide the shoes that I will wear to dance the Sugar Plum Fairy. Or with a gift of £78, you could provide Clara with the shoes she needs as well.
Please do consider giving our festive season an extra sparklethis Christmas. Your kind support means a great deal to each and every one of us.
It’s our donors’ support that helps bring our ballet to life. So please, if you can, help bring a sparkle to our festive season this year with a gift of £39 or whatever you feel you can give.
Thank you so much for your support. We couldn’t be more grateful.
- £39 could provide a pair of pointe shoes for the Sugar Plum Fairy in The Nutcracker this Christmas
- £78 could provide two pairs of pointe shoes for Clara or for two Snowflakes
- £195 could provide a week’s supply of pointe shoes for a Royal Ballet Artist
- £540 could provide a pair of flat ballet shoes for every male Royal Ballet dancer
- £1,833 could provide all the pointe shoes for a Nutcracker performance
You can also make a gift over the phone by calling Isobel Evans on +44 (0)20 3772 6412.
Watch | Find out more about our Pointe Shoes: