Each Season The Royal Ballet dance through over 6,000 pairs of pointe shoes. The annual Pointe Shoes Appeal supports the cost of ballet footwear, helping to keep our dancers on their toes.
A gift to the Pointe Shoes Appeal will support our dancers with everything they do both in rehearsal and on stage.
‘One of the reasons I love being in The Royal Ballet is dancing on pointe. We train so hard, and I feel privileged that we are able to dance in such great pointe shoes.’
Itziar Mendizabal, First Soloist at The Royal Ballet
- £39 could provide a pair of pointe shoes
- £78 could provide two pairs of pointe shoes - a day's supply for a Principal dancer
- £195 could provide five pairs of pointe shoes to last an Artist for a week
- £380 could provide a custom made pair of men's ballet boots
- £540 could provide a pair of flat ballet shoes for every male Royal Ballet dancer
- £936 could provide enough pointe shoes for the 24 Wilis in one performance of Giselle
You can also make a gift over the phone by calling Alice Macrae on 020 7212 9127.
You can also make a gift over the phone by calling Isobel Evans on +44 (0)20 3772 6412.