Footwear is essential to ballet, enabling our dancers to give their best performances. Each Season, Royal Ballet dancers use over 6,000 pairs of pointe shoes. A gift of £39 could buy a pair of pointe shoes for a Royal Ballet dancer.
- £5 could pay for ribbon for five pairs of shoes
- £39 could pay for a pair of pointe shoes
- £195 could pay for five pairs of pointes; a week’s supply for a corps de ballet dancer
- £540 could pay for a pair of flat ballet shoes for every male dancer
- £900 could pay for a year’s supply of ribbon for the whole Company
You can also make a gift over the phone by calling Sacha Glasgow-Smith on +44 (0)20 7212 9510.