The Royal Ballet dances through over 6000 pairs of pointe shoes each Season. With 27 performances, next Season’s production of The Nutcracker will require more than a thousand pairs of expertly handcrafted pointe shoes.
Each pair costs The Royal Ballet £39, and with 47 roles that require pointe work, just one performance of The Nutcracker can cost a total of £1,833 in pointe shoes.
- £39 could provide a pair of pointe shoes for the Sugar Plum Fairy in The Nutcracker
- £78 could provide two pairs of pointe shoes for Clara or for two Snowflakes
- £195 could provide a week’s supply of pointe shoes for a Royal Ballet Artist
- £540 could provide a pair of flat ballet shoes for every male Royal Ballet dancer
- £1,833 could provide all the pointe shoes for a Nutcracker performance
Thank you for your support.
You can also make a gift over the phone by calling Isobel Evans on +44 (0)20 3772 6412.
Watch | Find out more about our Pointe Shoes:
To donate £5 by text, please text POINTE to 70660. Text costs £5 plus network charge. Royal Opera House Covent Garden Foundation receives 100% of your donation. Obtain bill payer's permission. Customer care +44 (0)20 7212 9510. Charity number 211775.