During one year The Royal Ballet get through over six thousand pairs of pointe shoes. With 26 performances, this Season’s production of The Nutcracker will require more than a thousand pairs of expertly handcrafted pointe shoes.
Each pair costs The Royal Ballet £39, so just one performance of The Nutcracker can cost a total of £1,833 in pointe shoes.
A gift to the Pointe Shoes Appeal will ensure that the dancers of The Royal Ballet have the shoes they need to dance in The Nutcracker this festive season.
- £39 could provide a pair of pointe shoes for the Sugar Plum Fairy in The Nutcracker this Christmas
- £78 could provide two pairs of pointe shoes for Clara or for two Snowflakes
- £195 could provide a week’s supply of pointe shoes for a Royal Ballet Artist
- £540 could provide a pair of flat ballet shoes for every male Royal Ballet dancer
- £1,833 could provide all the pointe shoes for a Nutcracker performance
It’s our donor’s support that helps bring our ballet to life. Please help bring a sparkle to our festive season with a gift to the Pointe Shoes Appeal.
You can also make a gift over the phone by calling Isobel Evans on +44 (0)20 3772 6412.
Watch | Find out more about our Pointe Shoes: