Inga Stamer working at sewing machine on a hat for Anastasia, The Royal Ballet © ROH 2016. Photograph by Sim Canetty-Clarke
Our annual Costume Appeal helps support the necessary costs of this important and busy department. Please make a contribution today.
From petticoats to tutus; top hats to feathered headdresses; glittery wigs to mud-stained skirts; each intricate detail carefully measured, dyed, cut, pinned, stitched and finally worn on our stage would not be possible without the generosity of our supporters.
How can you help?
- £31 could buy the 365 crystals required to decorate one of the Caterpillar’s shoes in Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.
- £45 could buy the fabric for one of the 29 structured petticoats worn by the female Chorus members in the new production of La bohème.
- £98 could buy the make-up for a flamingo in Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.
- £141 could buy enough spirit gum, used to secure wigs in place, for an entire Season.
- £296 could buy the fabric required for the 40 top hats in La bohème.
- £560 could buy the material to make seven tutus for the new production of Swan Lake.
You can also make a gift over the telephone by calling Isobel on 020 3772 6412. Thank you for your support.