The Maestro’s Circle is a unique opera philanthropic initiative for all music lovers who would like to deepen their knowledge about the work of the conductor and, in particular, about the role of the world-renowned Royal Opera Music Director, Maestro Antonio Pappano.
Supporters of the Maestro’s Circle will be invited to make a philanthropic gift of £10,000. They will be given behind-the-scenes access into Maestro Pappano's musical world through their participation in the events on offer. These include an evening around a performance, a chorus rehearsal, a sitzprobe rehearsal, an evening in a private home and two private coaching sessions with Jette Parker Young Artists. Supporters will experience at first-hand, the dedication, leadership and complex musical genius that go into creating Maestro Pappano’s electrically-charged and intensely theatrical main-stage performances.
Schedule of events: 2014/15 Season
Supporters will be warmly invited to the following:
- an intimate evening in a private London home on Thursday 2 October 2014 in the company of Maestro Pappano who will be joined in conversation with the world-renowned singer and conductor, Maestro Plácido Domingo
- a coaching session led by Maestro Pappano of Jette Parker Young Artists mezzo-soprano Nadezhda Karyazina and bass-baritone Yuriy Yurchuk accompanied by Michele Gamba on piano, on the evening of Tuesday 9 December 2014, followed by an opportunity to meet with Maestro Pappano*
- an afternoon sitzprobe rehearsal with the principal cast and chorus of Giordano’s Andrea Chenier led by Maestro Pappano in the afternoon of Thursday 8 January 2015, followed by an informal reception with Maestro Pappano and members of the cast*
- a coaching session led by Maestro Pappano of Jette Parker Young Artists soprano Kiandra Howarth and baritone Samuel Dale Johnson accompanied by Jonathan Santagada on piano, on the evening of Thursday 16 April 2015, followed by an opportunity to meet with Maestro Pappano*
- an evening around a performance conducted by Maestro Pappano of Kasper Holten’s new production for The Royal Opera of Szymanowski’s 20th century masterpiece Król Roger, including a post-performance party with the cast hosted by Maestro Pappano* on the evening of Wednesday 6 May 2015
- a chorus rehearsal session of Rossini's Guillaume Tell led by Maestro Pappano and Chorus Director Renato Balsadonna on the afternoon of Wednesday 20 May 2015 followed by an informal reception with Maestro Pappano, Renato Balsadonna and members of the chorus
* All tickets, refreshments and travel costs would be in addition to the gift. Artists' availability is subject to confirmation. All the above events are timed to coincide with Maestro Pappano's involvement in productions.
- For more information, please contact:
Rebecca Regan on +44 (0)20 7212 9344 or firstname.lastname@example.org