Your Reaction: The Metamorphosis

Audience tweets about Arthur Pita's dance theatre adaptation of Kafka's novella.

By Chris Shipman (Content Producer (Social Media and News))

18 March 2013 at 10.56am | 7 Comments

What did you think of The Metamorphosis?

By Chris Shipman (Content Producer (Social Media and News))

18 March 2013 at 10.56am

This article has been categorised Dance and tagged Arthur Pita, Edward Watson, Franz Kafka, Production, review, Reviews, Social Media, The Metamorphosis, twitter, your reaction

1. Anne Tillyer responded on 19 March 2013 at 8:52pm Reply

I'm coming to see it again next week. It's utterly brilliant. When's the dvd coming out???

2. Rima Scott responded on 19 March 2013 at 10:46pm Reply

An amazing tour de force! It seems incredible that any human body can reflect the insect movements so movingly and tragically. How does Watson's body survive this? I'm worried!

3. Can't wait to see Ed Watson on Saturday!!!!!!!

4. Abi responded on 23 March 2013 at 4:38pm Reply

Sometimes, when I come out from seeing something incredible, it stops me from being able to understand people.
    I want to stop them in the street & shake them & say, "How can you just be acting so normal? Do you not know what's going on inside there?! It's phenomenal, & here you are, completely unaffected! What's the matter with you?!"
    That's how this production made me feel.

5. Nicola A Hughes responded on 24 March 2013 at 1:03am Reply

This is the most powerful thing i've ever seen at the ROH.
    The Rojo/Polunin pairing for 'Marguerite and Armand' was stunning - and i adored 'Apollo/Aeternum', but mother of God ... 'Metamorphosis' was absolutely INCREDIBLE. They managed to create an entire world in that little theatre space. I've never been so transfixed in all my life. I'm actually disappointed i didn't think to book another ticket. Someone PLEASE tell me that there are plans to record this? There has to be a DVD release coming. Surely?!

6. Lucy McCaul responded on 25 March 2013 at 1:41pm Reply

Thank you for an breathtaking evening. Awesome performances, especially from Edward Watson, he is an extraordinary artist.

7. LittleLips responded on 28 March 2013 at 10:07pm Reply

Ed -truly amazing performance. The whole cast brings a completely different edge to modern performance art. You have truly converted our friends in respect of the power and intensity of dance. Brilliant. Thank you.