Your reaction: Serenade/Sweet Violets/DGV

What did you think of The Royal Ballet's Mixed Programme?

By Chris Shipman (Interim Head of Online Content)

15 May 2014 at 10.22am | 9 Comments

Press reviews:

Guardian ★★★★
Telegraph ★★★★
The Arts Desk ★★★
The Independent ★★★

What did you think of Serenade/Sweet Violets/DGV?

1. Philip Collins responded on 15 May 2014 at 12:34pm Reply

Gutted I wasn't able to get to London to see it! Better luck next time. Well done to the company (especially Lauren and Zenaida) !

2. Anne Dean responded on 16 May 2014 at 7:34pm Reply

Absolutely sensational evening at the ballet. Thiago Soares and Marienella Nunez just go from strength to strength..,when IS that film, All I Am, about this pair being released? DGV was amazing...what speed,what grace....the whole evenig was brilliant.

3. Nina Battleday responded on 18 May 2014 at 10:07pm Reply

Enjoyed Sweet Violets and whole programme. But in spite of buying a programme I can't confirm what the Rachmaninov trio is . Can someone please help?

4. John Beavis responded on 25 May 2014 at 11:59am Reply

Absolutely incredible!! Of all the triple bills I've seen at the ROH (and that's plenty!!) this is out on its own. Pure bliss. Serenade is a typically challenging and intricately delicate Balanchine. SV is just awesome narrative staging, beautifully crafted and excellently danced. And DGV is just a scintillating breathtaking spectacle, every time I see it. Beautiful music and great dancing skill add up to a perfect evening of ballet beauty. Please ... don't miss it!!!!!

5. Fiona Blackhall responded on 26 May 2014 at 10:32pm Reply

I was captivated by the performance of Tierney Heap in DGV. A ballerina for the next generation - Electric, elegant, athletic.

6. Lindsey responded on 8 June 2014 at 3:28pm Reply

Hi, I would really love to watch these 3 performances, especially Sweet Violets by Thiago and Leanne, but I do not actually have a chance to go to the Royal Ballet and watch them (as I live overseas). Would there be a chance that these performances would come out on DVD?

• Ellen West (Head of Product Management) responded on 8 June 2014 at 5:37pm

Dear Lindsey

I am afraid that there are no plans to release this mixed programme on DVD.

Best wishes

• Lindsey responded on 16 June 2014 at 4:07pm

Hi Ellen, thank you so much for the reply. I do hope that ROH would consider compiling and releasing this on DVD as such productions are really incredibly amazing and it would be a pity if people outside of London (and those not touring London) are not able to catch it. Just a suggestion and it would certainly be appreciated if considered