Your reaction: Serenade/Sweet Violets/DGV

What did you think of The Royal Ballet's Mixed Programme?

By Chris Shipman (Content Producer (Social Media and News))

15 May 2014 at 10.22am | 9 Comments

Press reviews:

Guardian ★★★★
Telegraph ★★★★
The Arts Desk ★★★
The Independent ★★★

What did you think of Serenade/Sweet Violets/DGV?

By Chris Shipman (Content Producer (Social Media and News))

15 May 2014 at 10.22am

This article has been categorised Ballet and tagged by Christopher Wheeldon, by George Balanchine, by Liam Scarlett, dgv, DGV: Danse à grande vitesse, Production, review, Serenade, Social Media, Sweet Violets, twitter, your reaction

1. Philip Collins responded on 15 May 2014 at 12:34pm Reply

Gutted I wasn't able to get to London to see it! Better luck next time. Well done to the company (especially Lauren and Zenaida) !

2. Anne Dean responded on 16 May 2014 at 7:34pm Reply

Absolutely sensational evening at the ballet. Thiago Soares and Marienella Nunez just go from strength to strength..,when IS that film, All I Am, about this pair being released? DGV was amazing...what speed,what grace....the whole evenig was brilliant.

3. Nina Battleday responded on 18 May 2014 at 10:07pm Reply

Enjoyed Sweet Violets and whole programme. But in spite of buying a programme I can't confirm what the Rachmaninov trio is . Can someone please help?

4. John Beavis responded on 25 May 2014 at 11:59am Reply

Absolutely incredible!! Of all the triple bills I've seen at the ROH (and that's plenty!!) this is out on its own. Pure bliss. Serenade is a typically challenging and intricately delicate Balanchine. SV is just awesome narrative staging, beautifully crafted and excellently danced. And DGV is just a scintillating breathtaking spectacle, every time I see it. Beautiful music and great dancing skill add up to a perfect evening of ballet beauty. Please ... don't miss it!!!!!

5. Fiona Blackhall responded on 26 May 2014 at 10:32pm Reply

I was captivated by the performance of Tierney Heap in DGV. A ballerina for the next generation - Electric, elegant, athletic.

6. Lindsey responded on 8 June 2014 at 3:28pm Reply

Hi, I would really love to watch these 3 performances, especially Sweet Violets by Thiago and Leanne, but I do not actually have a chance to go to the Royal Ballet and watch them (as I live overseas). Would there be a chance that these performances would come out on DVD?

• Ellen West (Head of Online Content) responded on 8 June 2014 at 5:37pm

Dear Lindsey

I am afraid that there are no plans to release this mixed programme on DVD.

Best wishes

Ellen

• Lindsey responded on 16 June 2014 at 4:07pm

Hi Ellen, thank you so much for the reply. I do hope that ROH would consider compiling and releasing this on DVD as such productions are really incredibly amazing and it would be a pity if people outside of London (and those not touring London) are not able to catch it. Just a suggestion and it would certainly be appreciated if considered