Your reaction: L'elisir d'amore

Tweets about the return of Laurent Pelly's charming production.

By Chris Shipman (Content Producer (Social Media and News))

14 November 2012 at 10.49am | 8 Comments

Your reaction: L'elisir d'amore

Tweets about the return of Laurent Pelly's charming production.

Storified by Royal Opera House · Wed, Nov 14 2012 02:46:30

A selection of your tweets...
@RoyalOperaHouse Lovely production that leaves a glow inside. Kurzac as wonderful as ever. Lots of extra touches this time, too. #ROHelisirMichael
I remember lying around on hay bails a lot in my youth. But I don't remember getting any proposals. Only bug bites. Lucky Adina. #ROHElisirVampire Soup
And Alfie the Jack Russell was, of course, very well received ;-) Was there some unintentional offstage barking? #ROHElisir @RoyalOperaHouseOpera And Me
@RoyalOperaHouse all were fantastic but has to be the adorable dancing Alagna and hilarious Ambrogio Maestri !! Never laughed so much!Jennie Witton
Aleksandra Kurzak and Roberto Alagna in L'elisir d'amore © Catherine Ashmore/ROH 2012Royal Opera House Covent Garden
Wonderfully warm-hearted production of L'elisir d'amore @RoyalOperaHouse. Aleksandra Kurzak is a charming Adina, like a songbird #ROHElisircamschel
God how I love Donizetti #l'elisird'amore Alagna's voice is out of this world Eloisa
Loved #ROHelisir tonight. Such a fun show to do. Up early tomorrow morning though for more rehearsals... Sleep now.Emma Smith
Privileged tonight to be present at a truly great performance of L'Elisir d'Amore at Covent Garden. Roberto Alagna simply superb as NemorinoJames Whitehouse
Ambrogio Maestri in L'elisir d'amore © Catherine Ashmore/ROH 2012Royal Opera House Covent Garden
Aleksandra Kurzak a personable Adina, vocally thin, in pedestrian revival of L'elisir d'amore at #roh. Alagna as Nemorino, Campanella in pitAntony Craig
Last night was amazing. #LoveOpera @RoyalOperaHouse I want to go to every opera ever written now! #lelisirdamoreNicole New
Alagna beguiling in Elisir even though the voice isn't as beautiful as it once wasTim Ashley
Lovely time at #ROHElisir this evening. Aleksandra Kurzak continues to occupy a large place in my heart, after a wonderful Adina.Richard Jones
Roberto Alagna and The Royal Opera Chorus in L'elisir d'amore © Catherine Ashmore/ROH 2012Royal Opera House Covent Garden
Very proud of #ROHelisir tonight @RoyalOperaHouse - great chemistry on stage and lovely simplicity and honesty!Kasper Holten
And a few interviews...
L'elisir d'amore: Roberto Alagna on playing Nemorino (The Royal Opera)royaloperahouse
Laurent Pelly on his production of L'elisir d'amore (The Royal Opera)royaloperahouse

What did you think of L'elisir d'amore?

By Chris Shipman (Content Producer (Social Media and News))

14 November 2012 at 10.49am

This article has been categorised Opera and tagged by Laurent Pelly, L'Elisir d'amore, Production, reaction, Reviews, Social Media, your reaction

1. Lovely photos. Very much looking forward to being there next Tuesday! But dismayed to see in top photo the filthy old mattress that incongruously figured in third act of Siegfried has another outing in L'Elisir.

2. Deborah responded on 14 November 2012 at 8:12pm Reply

Perfect production. Never realised Roberto was such a talented actor as well as tenor!. So pleased I can say that I was there on the opening night, well worth travelling 2000 miles in two days to see. Another 2012 success ROH!

• Ellen West (Head of Online Content) responded on 14 November 2012 at 10:40pm

That's some journey! Delighted that you enjoyed the performance.

Best

Ellen

3. Peter Erdos responded on 16 November 2012 at 9:25am Reply

The production now is well settled, more delights than before. Alagna was a great revelation although the voice has become heavier (not surprising after Radames and Don Jose) he was an excellent Nemorino in good voice and brilliantly acted .Kurzak is a delight, and Maestri is wonderful.I was a bit disappointed with Capitanucci's undersung Belcore. All in all a great evening at the Opera!

4. Peter responded on 16 November 2012 at 11:55am Reply

Absolutely sensational! Wonderful music, great production, superbly acted. Orchestra was in tip top form and all the principals were in great voice. Roberto Alagna fabulous, as expected, but Aleksandra Kurzak stole the show. Gorgeous voice, technically magical and with bags of personality. Haven't enjoyed myself so much in years.

5. Simon responded on 18 November 2012 at 8:32am Reply

My first time at ROH - it certainly won't be my last. Wonderfully enjoyable evening. Sitting in right stalls could just make out Mr Alagna when he was performing Una Furtiva Lagrima, but I'm sure that those to my right couldn't see him at all. He only needs to shuffle around a little!

6. I was there on Tuesday, It was wonderfull one opera that send me home happy. Roberto Alagna is a fantastic actor and his voice has a beautiful light in it is great to see him doing so well.
    Alleksadra was a sensational Adina, just sensational
    Great production !!!

THANKYOU

7. David Barneby responded on 25 November 2012 at 2:52pm Reply

Thanks !!!
    I am an opera buff living very far from home in Thailand .
    I am very moved and excited reading about these two productions . The presentation of L'elisir d'Amore in a truly agricultural setting is very refreshing .
    The production of Rigoletto seems to draw much more from the original story than productions I have seen and enjoyed .
    I am glad to see some beautiful theatrical realism in the settings . Opera is the whole staging , not just singing in an abstract setting or black drapes , it is a whole visual , oral and emotional experience .