Your reaction: La traviata 2015

What did you think of Richard Eyre's production of Verdi's classic tragedy?

By Chris Shipman (Head of Brand Engagement and Social Media)

19 May 2015 at 10.25am | 11 Comments

Press reviews:
The Stage ★★★★
Londonist ★★★★
Opera Britannia ★★★★
Music OMH ★★★★
Guardian
 ★★★
Financial Times ★★★
What's On Stage ★★★
Times (£) ★★

What did you think of La traviata?

The production is generously supported by Rolex with generous philanthropic support from Dr and Mrs Michael West.

By Chris Shipman (Head of Brand Engagement and Social Media)

19 May 2015 at 10.25am

This article has been categorised Opera and tagged by Richard Eyre, La traviata, Production, review, Social Media, twitter, your reaction

1. C. Maeder responded on 19 May 2015 at 4:24pm Reply

The Royal Opera House could do with a new production of Traviata. We lived in Zurich for many years, and popular Operas such as Traviata, Tosca, Zauberflote ect. only had three revivals.

2. Christiana Papamichael responded on 23 May 2015 at 9:34am Reply

La Traviata. Last nights performance was a brilliant spectacle of Operatic prowess. Lucky to have been there to experience it. Congratulations to the Royal Opera House and all the production team, cast and fabulous orchestra . Keep them coming......

3. I was sitting on B14 row to face the stage and listen some wonderful music of La traviata. I breath in and breath out. I may have tear but I don't think I did. Wonderful!! Bravo!! I am coming to La traviata again on the 19th of June!! Again!! One of my favourite opera.

4. Peter Lewis responded on 4 June 2015 at 2:42pm Reply

Sonya Yoncheva was sublime last night. Made for the role. I'd not want to compare but find it hard to imagine there's a better Violetta anywhere today. The male supports were solid and did a good job though they were more of the undercard if I'm being honest. Obviously missed Placido for star quality but it shouldn't have been his show anyway.

• Sebastian Petit responded on 4 June 2015 at 5:03pm

I would much rather hear Vassallo than PD these days!

5. Alan Gallagher responded on 5 June 2015 at 1:47pm Reply

I strongly agree with Mr Petit. I was at the 22 May performance, and what a pleasure to hear an authentic, rich-toned Italian baritone. Mr Domingo is a tenor singing baritone roles and it really is time that he retired.Star quality? not any more.

6. Alison Purseglove responded on 11 June 2015 at 10:47pm Reply

I have never heard the ROH orchestra play so beautifully as tonight. Maestro Joel's phrasing was simply wonderful. Rebekah's singing astounding as ever -but for musicality, George Petean and Joel stole the show for me. 11.6.15

7. Alisa responded on 14 June 2015 at 12:25pm Reply

Divine Sonya Yoncheva et al. Great orchestra and staging! Pure pleasure for the eyes and the soul.

8. Julian responded on 27 June 2015 at 4:47pm Reply

Wednesday's performance was absolutely perfect. I cannot imagine it would be possible to improve. Sonya Yoncheva was simply incredible.

9. Piero responded on 4 February 2016 at 7:49pm Reply

simply wonderfull!!! singers, musicians, music are all really stunnings and voices magnificently amazing like those of dei

10. Emanuela Benetti responded on 4 February 2016 at 7:59pm Reply

First time for me to watch an opera at the cinema. Very impressive experience. The performance is exellent, beautiful Violetta