Your reaction: Król Roger live-streamed via The Opera Platform

What did you think of the free live stream of Szymanowski's opera?

By Chris Shipman (Head of Brand Engagement and Social Media)

16 May 2015 at 9.16pm | 9 Comments

https://twitter.com/ivisbohlen/status/599667014165274624 https://twitter.com/kenjijail/status/599666900449230848 https://www.flickr.com/photos/royaloperahouse/17330010931 https://twitter.com/lucy_mezzo/status/599663502689701888 https://twitter.com/mancunianpinko/status/599665683706867712

What did you think of the live stream of Król Roger?

Król Roger will soon be available to watch on demand on The Opera Platform website.

The Opera Platform is a partnership between Opera Europa and the cultural broadcasting channel ARTE. It is supported by the European Commission’s Creative Europe Programme and the European Broadcasting Union.

By Chris Shipman (Head of Brand Engagement and Social Media)

16 May 2015 at 9.16pm

This article has been categorised Opera and tagged by Kasper Holten, Król Roger, live stream, Production, Social Media, stream, The Opera Platform, twitter, your reaction, YouTube

1. Stephen Diviani responded on 17 May 2015 at 9:50am Reply

Fantastic!

2. Michael Stoddart responded on 17 May 2015 at 10:10am Reply

Krol Roger was superb.I only wish my health had permitted me to be at the ROH.

3. David responded on 17 May 2015 at 10:55am Reply

Brilliant - thank you. Is it going to be released on blu-ray please?

• Ellen West (Head of Creative Studios and Digital Products) responded on 17 May 2015 at 1:04pm

Hi David

Glad you enjoyed the relay. We will let you know once it is decided whether the production will be released on DVD or Blu-Ray.

Best wishes

Ellen

4. Robert Crich responded on 17 May 2015 at 1:04pm Reply

Having seen this live on the 9th May it was amazing to see this "close up" such an amazing production and cast - I only hope it becomes available on DVD in the near future

5. karenb responded on 17 May 2015 at 4:32pm Reply

Really surprised by how much I enjoyed this opera. Didn't know anything at all about it before so started to watch on the basis of 'give it a go'. I was hooked in the first five minutes. Great singing as always from Mariusz Kwiecien and wonderful orchestra under Pappano. Thank you for the opportunity to be introduced to new things - wish I had booked to see it live now!

6. Andrew Stafford responded on 17 May 2015 at 7:46pm Reply

I saw this on the openwing night at Covent Garden and was blown away. It was great to see it again at home. Totally impressed.

7. Eva Lehmann responded on 17 May 2015 at 8:30pm Reply

I appreciated very much the initiative of the Royal Opera to transmit live the performance of King Roger. Antonio Pappano's conduction was fantastic as well as Kasper Holten's direction. The whole vocal cast has been on top of this great work, but Saimir Pirgu' Shepherd has been notable, singing this very difficult role competently, with sublime musicality and a voice of rare beauty that has completely captivated me from his first notes. His Shepherd has really dazzled this dark production. A special mention to the oustanding Royal Opera' chorus directed by Renato Balsadonna. After I enjoyed this wonderful show from home, I decided that I can't miss the performance of 19 May.

8. Santiago Martín responded on 18 May 2015 at 4:40pm Reply

This opera is getting its real importance in last times. In my country, Spain, it has been performed in three Opera houses (Barcelona, Madrid and Bilbao), in three different productions, in last years. Szymanowski is one of the great XX Century genious, born in the 80s in XIX Century. A very good production, cast and conductor.