Your Reaction: Ariadne auf Naxos 2015

What did you think of Christof Loy's production of Strauss's playful fusion of tragic opera and romantic farce?

By Ellen West (Head of Creative Studios and Digital Products)

11 October 2015 at 2.14pm | 8 Comments

Press reviews:
What's On Stage ★★★★★
Guardian ★★★★
The Stage ★★★★
Evening Standard ★★★★
Music OMH ★★★★
Bachtrack ★★★

What did you think of Ariadne auf Naxos? Let us know via the comments below.

Ariadne auf Naxos runs until 16 October 2015. Limited tickets are still available.

The production is staged with generous philanthropic support from Mrs Aline Foriel-Destezet.

By Ellen West (Head of Creative Studios and Digital Products)

11 October 2015 at 2.14pm

This article has been categorised Opera and tagged Ariadne auf Naxos, by Christof Loy, Karita Mattila, Production, review, Social Media, twitter, your reaction

1. David responded on 12 October 2015 at 12:53pm Reply

Just stunning

2. Geoff responded on 12 October 2015 at 4:02pm Reply

Having posted a few grumpy comments I thought I should give thanks for Karita Mattila's wonderful voice, even more gorgeous on Saturday than during the last run.

3. Simon responded on 14 October 2015 at 9:09pm Reply

When the ROH do get it right they are unbeatable. A fantastic evening, thank you.

4. Peter responded on 17 October 2015 at 12:09am Reply

I had a sublime time. Mattila has gotten her groove back and sounded beautiful, much better than she has in a while. Special shout out to the nymphs, Karen Cargill especially, the finest trio in those role I have EVER heard, no exaggeration.

5. John responded on 17 October 2015 at 9:25am Reply

Wonderful performance last night. Mattila glorious as ever, an excellent Jane Archibald, secure Bacchus and great production. More Mattila, please!

6. Loge responded on 17 October 2015 at 11:13am Reply

Karita Mattila is a wonderful and complete artist on stage: stunning voice and great acting. The whole cast was simply perfect. Fantastic production. I will miss it.

7. I only saw this opera for the first time last year in Beijing and fell in love with it - so I had to take my wife and daughter to the ROH production. It was wonderful - thank you so much! And Jane Archibald was an exceptional Zerbinetta in an altogether excellent cast. Thank you to all involved!

8. Patience Humphries responded on 17 November 2015 at 5:27pm Reply

What a great performance of Carmen last night. Anita Rachvelishvili was the perfect Carmen and Andrea Care (Jonas Kaufmann's replacement) just got better and better. Sonia Yoncheva gave an outstanding performance, as usual. What more can I say?