Your reaction: Antony and the Johnsons Swanlights

Audience tweets about Antony and the Johnsons' performance with the Britten Sinfonia.

By Chris Shipman (Content Producer (Social Media and News))

26 July 2013 at 11.02am | 10 Comments

What did you think of Swanlights?

Swanlights will be staged on 26 July. A small number of tickets are available via phone on +44(0)20 7304 4000

By Chris Shipman (Content Producer (Social Media and News))

26 July 2013 at 11.02am

This article has been categorised Music and tagged antony hegarty, by Antony and the Johnsons, Concert, review, Swanlights, your reaction

1. Jeanie Lynch responded on 26 July 2013 at 9:45pm Reply

Travelled from Devon to see Antony on 25/7/13 for the sixth time..sadly due to seat position A100 and height had to plead my way out (attendant was very clear that if you left you could not return!) halfway through due to vertigo/panic attack. Thank you so much to ROH reception staff who got me some water and made sure I was ok.Gutted, love Antony, seen him in many venues before, sad this one didn't do it. Thank you all again.

2. Swanlights, one is very humbled and privileged to have had occasion to witness what Antony did tonight at the Royal Opera House. Having had all my synapses exploded and dissipate around my consciousness, I will never be the same again.

3. Allan JT responded on 27 July 2013 at 1:53am Reply

Just amazing - the best concert performance I've ever seen...

4. Jess Milne responded on 27 July 2013 at 8:37pm Reply

Oh, I wish I had been there. Will there be a repeat performance?

5. Simon responded on 28 July 2013 at 7:57am Reply

Wholly original performance. The laser light seemed to project Antony's soul. Nice work Chris Levine and Antony is now the superstar we all knew he was becoming. 10//10. Transformative.

6. Michael responded on 29 July 2013 at 12:04pm Reply

A remarkable evening, but why were the orchestra and particularly its conductor not in the pit, and why was Anthony's face in virtual shadow, for most of the evening?
    When, towards the end of the evening the orchestra was revealed at the back of the stage, and Anthony's face was suddenly illuminated, his synchronisation with the conductor's tempi, and his intonation, were suddenly tenuous, until he ratcheted up his volume.
    Curious.....

7. Marianne responded on 29 July 2013 at 7:48pm Reply

Wonderful, beautiful, powerful, amazing interplay between music and light. Great with an artist who goes his own way and even dare to take risks. I was there on Thursday and Friday. Two memorable performances. THANKS ANTONY!

8. Amazing performance from both them! And I can see how their talents are love. How I wish I could be at one of their shows.

9. Jo N responded on 3 August 2013 at 5:23pm Reply

So upset to miss this. I blinked and it was sold out. A big fan of A&J and Chris Levine it must have been sublime. Please do it again!!!

10. Rick responded on 5 August 2013 at 12:51pm Reply

Transformative .. words cannot describe but it was simply the most beautfufl show I've ever seen.. Well done ROH and all involved.