World Ballet Day 2017: Join us on Facebook Live on 5 October

Get a glimpse behind the scenes at five of the world's leading dance companies.

By Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media))

8 August 2017 at 7.59am | 6 Comments

Save the date: World Ballet Day is coming!

The Australian Ballet, Bolshoi Ballet, The Royal Ballet, The National Ballet of Canada and San Francisco Ballet will partner for the fourth year in a row to celebrate classical dance and provide viewers around the world with an exclusive look behind the scenes at what life is like at the world's top ballet companies.

A running order will be announced nearer the time, but expect glimpses into morning class, rehearsals for upcoming performances and backstage preparations as part of the day-long livestream.

Like our Facebook page to be kept up-to-date with news about World Ballet Day 2017.

Watch highlights from World Ballet Day 2016.

1. Ellie Scotland responded on 11 August 2017 at 7:14pm Reply

Sounds great. Love the program. I am a ballet enthusiast.

2. valerie mcgilvary responded on 12 August 2017 at 3:11pm Reply

Looking forward to this event and viewing.

3. Niclaire responded on 13 August 2017 at 11:54am Reply

Wonderful. Looking forward.

4. Sharon Keogh responded on 13 August 2017 at 4:44pm Reply

Was so looking forward to this but I will be away, I hope I'll be able to watch it online at a later date??
    I also hope that the Bolshoi have had some advice on their section - after class their segment is seriously underwhelming - ahem, boring. ...
    Finally I'm hoping that we get to see ALL of the Royal Ballet class - especially all of the grand allegro - which was interrupted last year by a silly item on fashion I think - & we ended up missing the men perform some exciting jumps.....

5. Olivia responded on 18 August 2017 at 12:03pm Reply

I can't wait. This is always an inspiration for me and ballet.

6. Felicity responded on 19 August 2017 at 4:53pm Reply

I am not on Facebook (and don't want to be). Will I still be able to watch World Ballet Day 2017? I have watched it in its entirety non-stop (and I'm an OAP) in previous years with no problems. I second the above request for the RB FULL class. One of the reasons I love the Australian Ballet is that we do get the full class without interruptions.