Watch: The Royal Ballet's Manon in rehearsal

Watch members of The Royal Ballet as they prepare for the opening night of Kenneth MacMillan’s enthralling ballet.

By Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media))

7 March 2018 at 12.35pm | 9 Comments

The Royal Ballet recently took part in a livestreamed Insight event exploring Kenneth MacMillan's tragic ballet Manon. The event is now available to watch on-demand.

Presented by Principal of The Royal Ballet Alexander Campbell, the evening featured rehearsals from fellow performers including William BracewellReece Clarke, Nicol Edmonds, Yuhui Choe, Beatriz Stix-Brunell.

Manon runs 29 March-16 May 2018. Tickets are still available.

The ballet will be relayed live to cinemas around the world on 3 May 2018. Find your nearest cinema and sign up to our mailing list.

This production is supported by Sarah and Lloyd Dorfman, John and Susan Burns, The Gerald Ronson Family Foundation, Lindsay and Sarah Tomlinson and the Friends of Covent Garden

By Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media))

7 March 2018 at 12.35pm

This article has been categorised Ballet and tagged Ballet, by Kenneth Macmillan, insights, live stream, Manon, Production

1. Julia Moore responded on 8 March 2018 at 6:08pm Reply

Available where and how? I can't see it on YouTube .

• Steph responded on 10 March 2018 at 7:12pm

Couldn't find it on youtube either, I watched it on their Facebook page.

• Mel Spencer (Senior Editor (Social Media)) responded on 11 March 2018 at 10:45am

Hi Julia,

This isn't available on YouTube - we streamed the rehearsal live on Facebook. It's available to watch on demand on this page, or on our Facebook page.

Many thanks,

2. Anna responded on 10 March 2018 at 4:03am Reply

Thanks for this insight, again. In this one I got to understand so many details which one really never suspects they exist when one watches the ballet. Besides, one can appreciate how Macmillan used each movement of choreography as a mean of expression throughout the whole ballet.

Please continue to present these insights. They're not only valuable but fun to watch.

3. Manon1753 responded on 11 March 2018 at 12:59am Reply

Neither can I.

4. Elizabeth Tebbutt responded on 11 March 2018 at 4:45pm Reply

Every time you advertise a live streaming of an Insight or rehearsal, I can never manage to watch it live. As I am never able to get tickets to these events these days (being a basic Friend), it would be nice to be able to take a glimpse online.
    Please can you list the steps I have to take to be able to view a rehearsal live?
    Thank you.

5. Nina Battleday responded on 12 March 2018 at 11:14am Reply

Please put these on You Tube. Had to watch on my tiny Kindle screen - not a good experience

6. Valerie Knight responded on 12 March 2018 at 4:00pm Reply

I enjoyed watching this rehearsal through this website on my laptop. However, I'd have preferred it on youtube which I could see on the television. I can't get facebook on my TV, or at least I don't know how to!

7. Nina Battleday responded on 12 March 2018 at 5:06pm Reply

Tried to watch it on my TV but got a message telling me it 'couldn't be embedded '! Please, please ROH out insights on You Tube as you have in the past.