Watch: The Nutcracker in 360 degrees

Follow Royal Ballet dancer Julia Roscoe as she prepares for her role debut as a snowflake in The Nutcracker.

By Hayley Bartley (Former Content Producer (Learning))

22 December 2015 at 2.10pm | 8 Comments

Immerse yourself in the extraordinary world of The Royal Ballet with a 360-degree experience following Aud Jebsen Young Dancer Julia Roscoe as she prepares for her debut as a snowflake in The Nutcracker.

'I've been dancing all my life basically,' says Julia, who joined the Company earlier this Season. 'This stage at the Royal Opera House in the heart of London's Covent Garden is my office.'

Explore the Royal Opera House like never before with a 360 degree view of morning class, rehearsals and The Nutcracker on stage.

How to view 360 degree video:

You can watch this video on a desktop computer, just click and drag with your mouse to change the angle of the camera.

If you have an iOS or Android smartphone or tablet, you can physically move your device to look around - just remember to install the latest YouTube app first.

If you have a virtual reality headset then you can achieve a fully immersive experience by simply moving your head.

Subscribe to the Royal Opera House YouTube channel for notifications about further live streams:

The Nutcracker runs from 23 November 2016 –12 January 2017. Tickets are still available.

The production is supported is given with generous philanthropic support from Hans and Julia Rausing, Peter Lloyd and the Friends of Covent Garden.

By Hayley Bartley (Former Content Producer (Learning))

22 December 2015 at 2.10pm

This article has been categorised Ballet and tagged 360 degrees, by Peter Wright, Film, Julia Roscoe, Production, Snowflakes, The Nutcracker, The Royal Ballet, virtual reality

1. Colin Potter responded on 23 December 2015 at 7:06pm Reply

Nah... This 360 deg video does not work on latest iPhone or iPad or MacBook Pro.

• Ellen West (Head of Product Management) responded on 24 December 2015 at 3:10pm

Hi Colin

It does, but if you are watching on smartphone you need to watch it through the YouTube App.

Best wishes

Ellen

2. DaveM responded on 24 December 2015 at 5:10pm Reply

That was fun! :-)

3. Timmie responded on 27 December 2015 at 9:43am Reply

Thank you. As a ballet lover and a gadget lover I love it! How about some 3-D ballet…

4. Joan McQuillan responded on 24 November 2016 at 6:26pm Reply

What a magical video to put me in the Festive spirit. I loved the 360 degrees and the behind the scenes. I saw The Nutcracker at the Royal Opera house two years (I think) ago and had the best seats in the house as a special present from my husband and I took a girlfriend and we were mesmerised by the ballet dancers, their fabulous costumes and the scenery - totally unforgettable. THANK YOU

5. Mary Ward responded on 24 November 2016 at 9:28pm Reply

I absolutely love the ROH production of the Nutcracker and have been lucky enough to see it three times -it really puts me in the Christmas spirit. I also managed to see the Liberty windows today which reminded me the stunning sets- Fantastic. I hope to have another visit to the windows and the ROH soon.

6. Spike responded on 7 December 2016 at 2:21am Reply

WOW!! More please. Can we have this in 3D as well?

7. Penelope Morgan responded on 11 December 2016 at 5:53am Reply

Absolutely love that place X
    Ballet is my passion , l love it ,just get so immersed in it all