Update for Friends of Covent Garden: March 2015

Changes to booking times, ballet casting and the family show you should be watching out for.

By Susan Fisher (Head of Membership)

18 March 2015 at 3.00pm | 5 Comments

I would like to thank everyone for helping us with the recent trial of opening online booking at 8am. I very much appreciate that the change may not have suited everyone, however judging from the level and speed of booking it worked for most. Following this trial, we plan to do the same for general booking, which opens on 31 March. Once we are certain that the system is fully stabilized we would like to continue with the early booking for the Autumn Season. We will confirm the exact time in April.

The Season Guide and autumn magazine have now gone to print, so the time of booking is not included in their pages. However, once the booking time is confirmed you will be able to see it on our website, under the Friends’ page, and we will also include this important information in our enews. We also have not been able to include the casting for ballet performances. Again, the information will be available on our website ahead of autumn booking for all levels of support.

The Summer Season is full of wonderful productions, and it is not too late to purchase tickets for Guillaume Tell, Falstaff, Don Giovanni and others. If you would like to bring younger members of your family to a show, I would recommend the Welsh National Opera production of Peter Pan, taking place on 24 and 25 July. It will be a magical adventure for everyone aged eight and above.

We’re delighted to reveal that we have been granted planning permission for our Open Up project. You can find out more and explore some initial drawings by architects Stanton Williams on our website. We will be keeping our Friends up to date with plans for the work in the coming months.

We are very grateful for your support, and please do not hesitate to contact the Friends’ team if you have any questions or comments.

Find out more about becoming a Friend of Covent Garden.

By Susan Fisher (Head of Membership)

18 March 2015 at 3.00pm

This article has been categorised Off stage and tagged development, Friends of Covent Garden, Support

1. Angela Hordern responded on 19 March 2015 at 5:04pm Reply

I wasn't aware of the staggered booking on 3 and 4 March. - did I miss reading about it? As a supporting friend this possibly doesn't matter as I booked on 24 Feb.
    Having said that, is Supporting Friends booking remaining at 10am or has this also been changed back to 8am?
    When an ordinary Friend I often used to log in well before opening of booking and if lucky enough to get in found the length of time waiting to buy meant the screen would frequently freeze at 10am..

2. Roy responded on 19 March 2015 at 5:12pm Reply

Why so secretive. Can you reveal the date of the season announcement ?

• Ellen West (Head of Creative Studios and Digital Products) responded on 19 March 2015 at 10:17pm

Dear Roy

Our 2015/16 Season will be announced around the middle of next month.

Best wishes

Ellen

3. Dianne Young responded on 19 March 2015 at 5:27pm Reply

What an improvement; thank you!
    No screen freezing, no queueing for hours and got the tickets I wanted. Few issues - not sure if technical or not. I was initially unable to buy all the tickets I wanted for JPYA Summer Concert, the message was that I had exceeded quantity eligible to buy, but was able to get them as 2 separate purchases. Also could not get tickets for Operalia event but did buy some just the other day when I happened to notice, by chance, that it was showing 100+ available.
    However, would reiterate generally a huge improvement.

4. Ann O'Shaughnessy responded on 20 March 2015 at 9:57am Reply

As a Friend+ I booked on March 2, online for the first time ages. What an improvement.! Sadly, because you included Don Giovanni in all packages, we had to pay full price for our tickets for Guillaume Tell & La Boheme or miss the opportunity to see Anna Netrebko.