Royal Opera House in numbers: Annual Review 2011/12 released
No time for the full document? Here’s the digested read.
We’ve recently released our Annual Review, a recap of the 2011/12 Season. Some fascinating facts are revealed, including:
- The Main Stage saw 92% capacity over the Season
- The ROH’s global reach across all platforms was estimated at 7.5 million people
- 40% attending performances were under 45
- The live cinema screening of La fille mal gardée was the fifth highest grossing film in UK cinemas that evening
- Les Troyens ran for five and half hours, featured 150 performers and a set that filled 15 trucks.
- Metamorphosis: Titian 2012 presented brand new work by 13 choreographers, composers and visual artists in collaboration with the National Gallery.
- The multi award-winning The Metamorphosis used 100 litres of treacle to transform Edward Watson into a giant insect.
As well as a standard version, this Season’s Annual Review is available in an enriched format; different from previous years in that it includes performance clips, interview and Insight films. Both require Adobe Reader.