Cast confirmation: Iana Salenko and Evgenia Obraztsova to perform as Guest Artists with The Royal Ballet

Principals of Staatsballett Berlin and Bolshoi Ballet to perform in Don Quixote and Romeo and Juliet.

By Chris Shipman (Content Producer (Social Media and News))

2 September 2013 at 11.58am | 5 Comments

Iana Salenko, principal of the Staatsballett Berlin; and Evgenia Obraztsova, principal of the Bolshoi Ballet, will perform with The Royal Ballet this autumn.

Iana Salenko will dance the role of Kitri in two performances of Carlos Acosta’s Don Quixote with Steven McRae as Basilio on Saturday 5 and Tuesday 8 October. The Kiev-born dancer joined the Staatsballett Berlin in 2005 after dancing with the National Opera in Kiev.

Royal Ballet Soloist Akane Takada will make her debut as Kitri on Friday 18 October, partnered by Steven McRae.

Evgenia Obraztsova will dance the role of Juliet in Romeo and Juliet on Tuesday 22 October and Thursday 14 November, also partnered by Steven McRae. The Bolshoi Principal first performed with The Royal Ballet in 2009, dancing in The Sleeping Beauty at Covent Garden. Evgenia joined the Bolshoi in 2012 after dancing with the Mariinsky Ballet.

By Chris Shipman (Content Producer (Social Media and News))

2 September 2013 at 11.58am

This article has been categorised Ballet and tagged cast change, Evgenia Obraztsova, Iana Salenko

1. Terry responded on 27 September 2013 at 9:59pm Reply

Sorry. I'm not excited about 2 dancers that I don't know being imported to the top. It's much more interesting to see dancers that I have watched in the corps developing.

• Jenny responded on 30 September 2013 at 5:55pm

You don't know what you are missing, Terry
      Both girls are simply wonderful!! - a completely different experience
      (not to mention - infinitely better, but latter is a very personal opinion)

• Elina Savolainen responded on 3 October 2013 at 6:57pm

I don't know Iana Salenko but I'd die to see Evgenia Obraztsova in Romeo and Juliet even if it is the MacMillan version of the ballet.

2. Victoria Lewis responded on 19 October 2013 at 6:16pm Reply

Well, I just saw Evgenia Obraztsova in Romeo and Juliet and I feel like I have had the experience of a lifetime.

Absolutely amazing. Beg, borrow or steal a ticket!

Connect with Facebook