Cast change: Akane Takada to dance in The Dream on 2 and 7 June 2017

A cast change for the role of Titania has been announced.

By Chris Shipman (Head of Brand Engagement and Social Media)

17 May 2017 at 4.14pm | 14 Comments

By Chris Shipman (Head of Brand Engagement and Social Media)

17 May 2017 at 4.14pm

This article has been categorised Ballet and tagged cast change, Frederick Ashton, Production, The Dream, The Dream / Symphonic Variations / Marguerite and Armand

1. moe responded on 18 May 2017 at 1:04am Reply

I don't think I will go to the cinema if it's not Sarah... very sad...

• Sandie responded on 18 May 2017 at 1:28pm

Akane is a lovely dancer moe. I strongly suggest you go to the cinema...you will be pleasantly surprised.

2. elleG responded on 18 May 2017 at 1:17pm Reply

Oh moe, please reconsider. Akane Takada will be really lovely as Titania. and the RB's cinema broadcasts are a wonderful opportunity to 'get to know' dancers with whom we may not be so familiar.

3. Nick responded on 18 May 2017 at 6:32pm Reply

I've enjoyed many a performance by Sarah Lamb and wish her all the best for a speedy recovery. Like Sandie and elleG though I'd encourage you moe to see Akane Takada.

4. Missy responded on 19 May 2017 at 3:45am Reply

I'm really sad Sarah wont be dancing. I really love her and Steven together.

5. Jrhb responded on 19 May 2017 at 8:32am Reply

Takada was mesmerisingly good replacing Lamb in Mayerling last weekend. It would be a pity to miss her moe....

6. Daphne responded on 19 May 2017 at 5:34pm Reply

Please could any body tell me if Matthew Golding is still with the company? Maybe I am wrong but I cannot find any ballet with his name in the cast. Is he still injured or did he leave the Royal Ballet? Thank you.

• Rachel Beaumont (Content Producer (Web Copy)) responded on 19 May 2017 at 5:48pm

Hi Daphne,

Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately Matthew Golding has been recovering from injury. His forthcoming performances with The Royal Ballet will be listed here as they are announced http://www.roh.org.uk/people/matthew-golding.

All best,
      Rachel

7. Lesley Main responded on 21 May 2017 at 5:51pm Reply

Best wishes for a complete recovery Sarah.

8. ML responded on 22 May 2017 at 11:12am Reply

Well done to Akane for taking on another lead role at short notice - looking forward to her debut as Titania! Wishing Sarah a speedy recovery and hope we'll get to see her Titania next time The Dream is performed.

9. Hugh Axton responded on 30 May 2017 at 1:49pm Reply

moe May I also urge you to change your mind. While it is disappointing not to see Sarah who with Steven has a special rapport, Akane is an beautiful and sympathetic dancer with quite an extraordinary back story.
    To have also on the same bill Marianela dancing with Vadim and Zanaida with Bolle, well one of those three pairings would be worth the cinema ticket to have all three is simply a special treat. We are so lucky.

10. Stevie responded on 1 June 2017 at 3:07pm Reply

I would have been happy with Sarah, but equally looking forward to Akane. I thought she was a real star in the Two Pigeons and looking forward to seeing more. We take all we can get in the provinces, but lets face it, there are no 'slouches' when you get to this level of competence.

11. Bill Woolhouse responded on 5 June 2017 at 4:38pm Reply

I really do not care who will dance Titania.I am looking forward to this Ashton Triple Bill.I am old enough to remember the peerless Antoinette Sibley and Anthony Dowell in the roles that Fred created for them.I also remember seeing Fonteyn and Nureyev in Margurite and Armand.Those were the days.Just over £4 for a stalls seat !!!!

12. Daphne responded on 9 June 2017 at 9:12pm Reply

Akane was beautiful. Light as a feather.