Booking information: Technical issues affecting payment provider

Bookings today may be affected.

By Rob Greig (Chief Technology Officer)

23 November 2012 at 10.01am | 8 Comments

We have been told this morning by our card processing provider (WorldPay) that they are experiencing problems with their systems this morning (Friday 23 November). This means that some  debit and credit card authorisations will take longer than they should and may cause an error during the ticket booking process.

If you receive an error please try again, you can also contact the box office directly to book over the phone on +44 (0)20 7304 4000.

We sincerely apologise for the disruption and inconvenience these issues will cause for our customers booking today.

Please be assured that we are working hard in conjunction with our card processing provider to resolve these issues.

By Rob Greig (Chief Technology Officer)

23 November 2012 at 10.01am

This article has been categorised Off stage and tagged

1. Ian Slade responded on 23 November 2012 at 10:47am Reply

EVERY TIME the Supporting Friends get it in the neck...remind me what we pay £300+ for....

• Rachel Edmunds (Content Producer (Social Media and News)) responded on 23 November 2012 at 12:54pm

We apologise for the errors that some of our valued supporters experienced this morning. Having monitored progress closely, we are pleased that the majority of our Supporting Friends have booked successfully, but we recognise that this needs to be improved so that we can ensure everybody has a straight forward booking. Thank you for your support.

2. mrs t hurd responded on 23 November 2012 at 10:53am Reply

WHAT A COMPLETE MESS

3. Thomas responded on 23 November 2012 at 11:01am Reply

Please could you post the email address for the online team. Your sales assistant told me to email them but didn't give me the address.

4. Could you pls relay the following message to management (posted on FB too)
    I didn't have any problems booking or paying this morning, except surprisingly the "choose your seat" function was not available for the premiere of Donna del Lago...so had to use "best seat" (that worked out OK but probably only because I was looking for stalls tickets)
    HOWEVER - would you please consider moving the Don Carlo Insight event to the Linbury? It sold out in 10 minutes (we know why - I think most people are expecting Jonas Kaufmann to be there). This is worse than the most sought after productions!!
    I know Insights have been moved to the Linbury on other occasions when demand has been very high, so I hope you will consider it!!
    Thanks!
    M Di Francesco

• Ellen West (Head of Online Content) responded on 23 November 2012 at 11:41pm

I'll pass on your comment about the issue with select your own seat to the Digital Development team and raise the popularity of the Don Carlo event with the Insights manager.

Best

Ellen

5. AliceP responded on 23 November 2012 at 9:47pm Reply

Well, I have been quite verbal in my critique of the new website and booking system, although improvements shine through eventually. So when I can take time to complain, I can take time to acknowledge that booking today went smoothly - actually a little too smoothly as I ended up with more tickets than I needed! LOL

I would say that functionality on booking days still has room for improvement, but over all I had a great experience today.

Well done, keep it up and thanks
    Alice