3 June 2013 at 2.50pm | Comment on this article
Applications are now open to be a Royal Opera House Student Ambassador during the 2013/14 academic year.
Following a fantastic first year of the Ambassador scheme, we are once again looking for passionate, creative and confident students who will be brilliant advocates for the Royal Opera House in their universities around the UK from September onwards.
Ambassadors will promote our events to fellow students throughout the year by ensuring that the Royal Opera House is represented in the right places and at the right times on and around their campus/universities. We're keen for Ambassadors to share details of productions from the Main Stage, performances in our Linbury Studio Theatre and Cinema Season relays around the UK.
believe that all students should have access to world-class productions at the Royal Opera House, whether it be in London in their local cinema, and we'd like you to help us spread the word.
As an Ambassador, you will get:
- Access to discounted and complimentary tickets to Royal Opera House productions
- A fascinating insight into the inner workings of one of the world’s greatest opera houses
- The opportunity to meet and network with other Ambassadors and arts professionals
- The opportunity to meet the Royal Opera House staff and creative team
- The opportunity to enhance your CV with invaluable experience.
- The most impressive Student Ambassador will be awarded a week of work experience at the Royal Opera House in September 2014.
It’s not every day you get chat to Kasper Holten about the staging of Die Zauberflöte, or mingle with Carlos Acosta at the stage door after a performance. Such is the life of a Royal Opera House student ambassador, a truly unique experience for young people with an enthusiasm for the Arts.'
- Beth Baker-Wyse, Loughborough University, joint winner of 2012/13 Student Ambassador Scheme
To be a an Ambassador you have to be willing to spend the time connecting with your student body, but it is worth it. Being able to talk to students who have just seen their first opera or ballet (and are already booked to see more) is hugely rewarding, and it is amazing to see changes happen in which you know you have played a part.'
- Dave Wilson, University of Bath, joint winner of 2012/13 Student Ambassador Scheme
To apply to be a Student Ambassador, send your CV and a description of why you would make a brilliant Ambassador, including an idea of how you would promote the Royal Opera House in your campus (max 250 words) to email@example.com by 14 June.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by 19 June and must be available for interview at the Royal Opera House on 27 June. Successful applicants will be notified the same day and are invited to a Welcome Event to meet other Ambassadors and the Royal Opera House team in Covent Garden on 10 July. Travel expenses for both events will be covered.
Don’t forget to register for the Royal Opera House Student scheme first, and good luck!