The Taylor Family Foundation Schools' Matinees 2014/15 Season
Giving young people unforgettable experiences with £7.50 tickets to the world’s best ballet and opera.
THE ROYAL OPERA
Monday 8 June 2015, 12 noon
Applications now open
Apply online - applications close Friday 27 March
THE ROYAL OPERA
Friday 27 March 2015, 12 noon
Applications are now closed
If you have any questions, please contact us on 020 7212 9410 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are The Taylor Family Foundation Schools’ Matinees?
Every year the Schools’ Matinees programme gives teachers the opportunity to bring their students, aged 8-18, to special matinee performances of six of the season’s Royal Opera House productions.
As an incredible opportunity to introduce young people to the world-class ballet and opera produced by the Royal Opera House, our Schools’ Matinees are hugely popular and reach over 10,000 school children from across the UK each year.
All of our Schools’ Matinees can be used to support KS2, KS3 and KS4 English, Art and Design, PE, Drama and Music curriculum.
How much are tickets?
Tickets are just £7.50 each for both students and teachers.
Royal Opera House tickets are not VAT applicable
How does ticketing work?
Please note that completing the Schools’ Matinee online application form does not constitute a booking. Tickets are allocated based on a set of criteria, which include type of school, frequency of previous attendance, success rate of former applications from your school, and location; with priority given to first-time attendees and state schools outside London.
All schools will be contacted with confirmation of success or refusal of allocation within a month of the application deadline. It is at this point that payment will be requested if your school has been allocated tickets.
Can I get help with my school’s travel costs?
We may also be able to assist you with your travel costs with a travel grant, made possible by The Taylor Family Foundation, which you can apply for at the same time as applying for your tickets.
The Matinee performance was simply stunning. Our students were instantly engaged with the storyline and performance. There were even a few tears.’
Head of Dance, King Richard School, Portsmouth
Thinking about applying?
It is not possible to save and return to this application form, so please ensure you have adequate time to complete it. We envisage completing the form will take around 20 minutes. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
You will be asked to provide three key objectives of your visit to the Royal Opera House and some brief details of the preparatory work you will do with your students, so you may want to finalise these before beginning the form.
- Required teacher/adult to student ratio is 1:10, but each student in a wheelchair must have an adult helper included in the total ticket requirement.
- The Royal Opera House is accessible to all and wheelchair spaces are available for every performance. Further access information.
Phone: +44 (0)20 7212 9684
- Click on the ‘Join our mailing list’ link below.
- Sign in if you already have an account, or ‘register here’ if you don’t.
- Registering for the first time? Follow the instructions but please leave the ‘May we contact you by email?’ tick box ticked.
- Register for Schools’ Matinees/Teacher info by selecting ‘Update My Preferences’. Fill out the form in full, using your personal and school details as requested. Your new teacher account will then be linked with the school you work for automatically.
- Although not essential, it’s useful for us to have your home postal address. Once you have updated your Teacher Profile, please go to ‘Contact Details’ on the Account menu, and fill out your HOME address and phone number.