The Taylor Family Foundation Schools’ Matinees 2013/14 Season
Giving young people unforgettable experiences with £7.50 tickets to the world’s best ballet and opera
What are The Taylor Family Foundation Schools’ Matinees?
Every year the Schools’ Matinees programme gives teachers the opportunity to bring their students, aged 8-18, to special matinee performances of six of the season’s Royal Opera House productions.
As an incredible opportunity to introduce young people to the world-class ballet and opera produced by the Royal Opera House, our Schools’ Matinees are hugely popular and reach over 10,000 school children from across the UK each year.
All of our Schools’ Matinees can be used to support KS2, KS3 and KS4 english, art and design, PE, drama and music curriculum, as well as Further Education studies.
How much are tickets?
Tickets are just £7.50 each for both students and teachers.
Royal Opera House tickets are not VAT applicable
How does ticketing work?
Completing the Schools’ Matinee online application form is an expression of your school’s interest in attending a performance and is not a confirmed booking. Attendance, therefore, is not guaranteed as we will allocate tickets based on a set of criteria, which include type of school, frequency of previous attendance, success rate of former applications from your school, and location; with priority given to first-time attendees and state schools outside London.
All schools will be contacted with confirmation of success or refusal of allocation within a month of the application deadline. It is at this point that payment will be requested if your school has been allocated tickets.
Can I get help with my school’s travel costs?
If you are a state school outside London we may be able to assist you with your travel costs with a travel grant from The Taylor Family Foundation, which you can apply for at the same time as applying for your tickets.
‘The Matinee performance was simply stunning. Our students were instantly engaged with the storyline and performance. There were even a few tears.’ Head of Dance, King Richard School, Portsmouth
Applications for our Spring/Summer Schools’ Matinees are no longer being accepted and tickets have been allocated. If you have applied for tickets and have not heard from us please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for Autumn/Winter 2014/15 Schools’ Matinees will open in the summer term. Register as a teacher below to be emailed when applications open.
Please note, information sheets are displayed as PDFs. Get a free PDF reader.
Marianela Nuñez as Princess Aurora and Thiago Soares as Prince Florimund in The Royal Ballet’s The Sleeping Beauty © ROH / Johan Persson 2013
THE SLEEPING BEAUTY
THE ROYAL BALLET
Wednesday 19 March 2014
BALLET MIXED PROGRAMME (The Dream/ New Alastair Marriott/The Concert)
THE ROYAL BALLET
Friday 6 June 2014
THE ROYAL OPERA
Monday 7 July 2014
- Required teacher/adult to student ratio is 1:10, but each student in a wheelchair must have an adult helper included in the total ticket requirement.
- The Royal Opera House is accessible to all and wheelchair spaces are available for every performance. Further access information.
Make sure you receive Schools’ Matinee information – Register as a teacher
- Click on the ‘Join our mailing list’ link below.
- Sign in if you already have an account, or ‘register here’ if you don’t.
- Registering for the first time? Follow the instructions but please leave the ‘May we contact you by email?’ tick box ticked.
- Register for Schools’ Matinees/Teacher info by selecting ‘Update My Preferences’. Fill out the form in full, using your personal and school details as requested. Your new teacher account will then be linked with the school you work for automatically.
- Although not essential, it’s useful for us to have your home postal address. Once you have updated your Teacher Profile, please go to ‘Contact Details’ on the Account menu, and fill out your HOME address and phone number.
Phone: +44 (0)20 7212 9651