The motifs below have been chosen from works the Royal Opera House will be performing in the 2018/19 season.
Each motif is provided in three forms:
- Written out in musical notation
- As an audio clip of just that motif
- As a longer audio clip which puts the motif in context
- Listen to all the motifs in the bank and in their context.
- Discuss the musical characteristics of each motif.
- Listen to them again and choose two or more to explore.
- Start composing your fanfare.
The tasks in our downloadable resource pack will guide you in investigating these fanfares and equip you with creative skills and ideas to use when teaching or learning about composition and analysis.
Below are our motifs for next Season.