Create and Sing Carmen
Create and SingCarmen Explorer
In this explorer course, introduce your class to the story of Carmen, learn songs from the opera, explore the basics of dramatic singing technique and stage a scene.
- Explorer Lesson 1: Setting The Scene
- Explorer - Lesson 2: Carmen, The Whole Story
- Explorer – Lesson 3: Carmen's Big Aria, Habanera
- Explorer - Lesson 4: Momentum And Pacing
- Explorer - Lesson 5: Putting It All Together
Create and SingCarmen Immersive
For the next 10 lessons, your students will be honorary members of the Royal Opera House’s Youth Opera Company and will create and sing their own version of the opera Carmen.
- Immersive - Lesson 1: Setting The Scene
- Immersive - Lesson 2: Carmen, The Whole Story
- Immersive - Lesson 3: The Children's Chorus
- Immersive - Lesson 4: Carmen's Big Aria
- Immersive - Lesson 5: Performance Choices
- Immersive - Lesson 6: The Rehearsal Process
- Immersive - Lesson 7: Same Song, Different Story
- Immersive - Lesson 8: Two Stories At Once
- Immersive - Lesson 9: Putting It All Together
- Immersive - Lesson 10: The Final Rehearsal And Curtain Up
Taking part in Arts Award? Create and Sing Carmen is the perfect project to use to achieve Discover ...30mins
Join teacher and vocal leader Stuart Overington, as he introduces ways to warm up the voice.5mins
Carmen is a very famous opera by a French composer named Georges Bizet. It is based on a story by th...5mins
Create and Sing Carmen is generously supported by Stavros Niarchos Foundation, Ernest Cook Trust, David and Elaine Potter Foundation, Mohn Westlake Foundation, Teale Foundation and an annoymous foundation.