Create and Dance Building Blocks
Create and DanceBuilding Blocks Explorer
During this course you'll take your class through the basics of creative dance - following the scheme of work or using it as a stimulus to explore a theme/ topic or curriculum area or your choice - completing the programme with your very own piece of choreography.
- Explorer - Lesson 1: Getting Started: What is a Motif?
- Explorer - Lesson 2: Developing Movement Patterns: Understanding Dynamics
- Explorer - Lesson 3: Exploring a Theme: Numbers and Card Games
- Explorer - Lesson 4: Working Together: Understanding Unison and Canon
- Explorer - Lesson 5: Rehearsal and Performance: Reflecting on the Process
You will often need to find music for your class to improvise to, to warm up or cool down. This unit...30mins
Use this glossary to brush up on your ballet terminology.10mins
Take a look back at some of the milestones in the history of the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden.5mins