Immersive - Lesson 8: Working Together: Understanding Unison and Canon
- Means of capture
- Record of last performance
- PE kit and bare feet
- Clear empty space
- Lesson Film
- Choreographic ideas
In this lesson, the dancers work together to continue to explore dancing and choreographing in 'unison' and in 'canon'.
- To develop movement patterns to create non-contact group work – understanding how we can make positive physical connections with peers.
- To understand how spatial directions (forward, backwards, sideways, up and down) can affect group work.
- To understand how we can use space by travelling the movement patterns we devise.
- To develop an awareness of others when travelling in space.
- To create a unison phrase, working as a team.
- To develop collaborative skills.
- PE: To be physically active and confident for sustained periods of time.
- PE: To explore space and travel through a sequence of movements.
- PHSE: To work as a team; respecting each other’s views and making choices.
Performance and Evaluation10 mins
Make time during every session to look at as much of the work created as possible. It’s great for the dancers to be able to see everyone’s responses to the tasks set, and it also gives you time to think about what is working and which direction you want to take the dance.
You may wish to use the Creative Exploration: Wrapping and Unwrapping to develop your ‘Queen of Hearts’ Unison Phrase or you may decide to have an additional unison phrase that you can use for transitions when structuring your dance. You could also try this addition phrase in canon.
If you choose to create an additional canon phrase, you could call this movement pattern ‘Sweets for the Tea Party’ Canon Phrase.