Explorer - Lesson 2: Developing Movement Patterns: Understanding Dynamics
- Choreographic ideas
- Lesson Film
- Clear empty space
- Means of capture
- PE kit and bare feet
- Record of last performance
In this lesson, Karim, Liz and David work with the dancers to develop patterns of movement, both individually and as a group, and explore the theme of 'greetings'. They also explain the what it means to use 'dynamics' in dance.
- Understanding the concept of ‘dynamics.’
- Exploring different movement actions initiated by various body parts.
- Developing movement patterns to create non-contact and contact group work.
- Understanding how we can make positive physical connections with our partners.
- Collaborative skills.
Performance and Evaluation10 mins
Make time at the end of every session to look at as much of the work created as possible. It’s great for the dancers to be able to see everyone’s responses to the tasks set, and it also gives you time to think about what is working and which direction you want to take the dance.