RM19: Developing young voices. Developing young people.
RM19 is an alternative and exciting approach to music and performance for young people aged 11-25 who live, work or study in Thurrock.
The young people are firmly in the driving seat of this project which aims to develop their skills and confidence both artistically and in other areas of their lives. Group members create and select music, improvise and write music and drama, design concepts for costumes and scenery as well as working with group leaders to make decisions about the running of the group.
Led by Artistic Director Dominic Peckham, Director Omar Shahryar and Youth Leader Angela Surrey, RM19’s characteristic sound is a unique fusion of opera and choral repertoire with popular and alternative music and performance styles, combined with original music created with and for the group.
RM19 members have the opportunity to:
- Work with other singers to create unique pieces of music and drama
- Learn and develop vocal skills and technique
- Gain valuable experience and confidence in performing
- Meet other young people from across Thurrock
- Get involved in all aspects of running a vocal group, such as marketing, choreography and design
- Perform at public events across Thurrock and the wider region
- Have fun!
RM19 is generously supported by Thurrock Borough Council, Mrs Lily Safra, Julian Metherell, Bernard Sunley Charitable Trust and Wendy Sargent.