Generously supported by Gregory and Regina Annenberg Weingarten through The Annenberg Foundation.
Unique, family-friendly, introductory performances of ballet and opera with pre-show activities
Royal Opera House Welcome Performances give families the chance to attend world class productions for a fraction of the usual cost.
This opportunity enables you to:
- Attend an exclusive family-friendly matinee of opera or ballet
- Pick up tickets for £5 | £10 | £15 or £20
- Enjoy a morning of pre-performance activities before the curtain goes up!
Opening the main stage to new audiences, these events provide a special insight into opera and ballet at one of the most impressive establishments in the world. Interested? Register now for Welcome Performances.
Keep checking this page for details of the Welcome Performances for our 2015/16 Season.
- Welcome Performances are for families who are entirely new to the Royal Opera House or have never booked in the main auditorium before.
- We endeavour to confirm eligibility as soon as possible, however we do not send out automatic responses, so it may take a while to receive a confirmation.
- It should be noted that Welcome Performances are created to introduce families to the Royal Opera House, and due to consistently high demand for tickets, we regret that families may only be offered a single opportunity to attend.
If you have any queries, please get in touch via email@example.com.
Thanks to everyone who joined us on 22 November for L'elisir d'amore (The Love Potion), a funny, light-hearted opera by Donizetti. Please find more details about the production below:
Nemorino, a naïve village boy, has fallen for Adina, a farm owner. She rejects his declarations of love. Fortunately, Doctor Dulcamara is on hand with a 'love potion' to help him win her heart.
Adina seems to remain immune to Dulcamara's potion (nothing more magical than red wine she thinks) and so she agrees to marry the boastful Sergeant Belcore. But she finally realizes she cares for Nemorino and admits her love. Everyone rejoices – Dulcamara most of all, as he celebrates the proven power of his potion!
- An introduction to the music: ‘Una furtiva lagrima’ from L'elisir d'amore
- Behind the scenes with the canine star of L'elisir d'amore