Welcome Performances for families
Generously supported by Gregory and Regina Annenberg Weingarten through The Annenberg Foundation.
“First opera and ballet experiences for families”
Have you ever wanted your family to experience the thrill of live theatre but been put off by ticket prices?
Royal Opera House Welcome Performances give families the chance to attend world class productions for a fraction of the usual cost.
This opportunity enables you to:
- Attend an exclusive family-friendly matinee of opera or ballet
- Pick up tickets for £5 | £10 | £15 or £20
- Enjoy a morning of pre-performance activities from 10am
Opening our main auditorium to new audiences, these events provide a special insight into opera and ballet at one of the most impressive establishments in the world. Interested? Why not Register now for Welcome Performances
Welcome Performance 2013-14
CARMEN by The Royal Opera – Sunday 12 January 2014 at 2pm
Suitable for ages seven+
Composer: Georges Bizet
Production: Francesca Zambello
Bizet’s famous opera Carmen centers on the life of soldier Don José, who is tempted away from his duties and childhood love Micaëla by the gypsy, Carmen. Allowing her to avoid capture and custody, José joins the smugglers Carmen is connected to. The solider becomes mad with jealousy, eventually clashing with Carmen when she reveals her affection for the bullfighter Escamillo. Crowds gather outside the bull-ring in Seville, and the opera comes to a climactic close as Don José’s passion turns Carmen’s world upside down….
With its rousing score and memorable staging, Carmen offers a rich insight into the turbulence of 19th-century Spanish society.
Important Update: If you have already registered your interest in attending, we apologise for the delay in getting back to you, and we will now aim to confirm your eligibility to attend by mid-October, with booking opening at the end of October.
PLEASE NOTE: Upon initial successful registration, please click on the ‘Contact Details’ link under ‘Account’ and add your postal address. Failing to provide your postal address could mean that you are deemed ineligible to book tickets for a Welcome Performance.
If you have bought tickets to a performance on the main stage here before, our automatic system may not let you proceed.
- If you are entirely new to the Royal Opera House or have never booked in the main auditorium before, you will receive an email inviting you to book online once confirmed as eligible to attend.
- We endeavor to confirm eligibility as soon as possible; however our checks are usually performed around three months prior to the performance date.
- It should be noted that Welcome Performances are created to introduce families to the Royal Opera House, and due to consistently high demand for tickets, we regret that families may only be offered a single opportunity to attend.
If you have any queries, please get in touch via email@example.com