Suitable for children aged six and over. Younger children are welcome but the activities may not be suitable for them. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Family Sundays are a new regular event for families to come and explore the Royal Opera House, its artists and the world of opera and ballet. Each Family Sunday will be packed full of different creative and practical activities for all the family, as well as space to relax and enjoy live music in an informal setting. Each event is different, but example activities running throughout the day include:
- The opportunity to join in fun, interactive singing or dance activities.
- Informal performances from Royal Ballet dancers, Jette Parker Young Artists and Musicians
- Live make-up or stage combat demonstrations.
- Costume dressing up area.
- Design activities led by a professional set designer.
- Backstage Tours (available with Event + Tour tickets only)
These activities run throughout the day from 12 – 4pm. Last entry to the event is at 3pm. A number of tickets are available to buy on the day.
Tickets are £5 for adults and £3 for children.
Several tours run throughout the day, inviting you and your family to explore some hidden areas of the Royal Opera House. These run at the following times and can be booked through the Event + Tour ticket option:
Tickets for these tours are limited and available on a first-come-first-served basis when you buy your Family Sunday event tickets. Tours will run at future Family Sunday events, so there are plenty of opportunities throughout the year to book a Family Sunday Event + Tour ticket.
Most recent event
There are no upcoming events scheduled at the moment. The most recent was on 28 June 2015.