Saturday 24 May 2014, 7.00pm
Booking for 14 May 2014 - 26 May 2014 opens
- Booking opens 8 April 2014 at 10.00am for General Public.
- Booking opens 18 March 2014 at 10.00am for Friends of Covent Garden.
- Booking opens 28 February 2014 at 10.00am for Supporting Friends.
- Booking opens 26 February 2014 at 10.00am for Premium 1 Friends.
- Booking opens 25 February 2014 at 10.00am for Premium 2 Friends.
A mixed programme of exhilarating contrasts, from a dark Victorian melodrama to a celebration of hi-tech modernity.
The music of Tchaikovsky is partnered with sublime choreography in one of Balanchine’s earliest and best-loved works.
|Composer||Pyotr Il'yich Tchaikovsky|
|Costume Designer||Barbara Karinska|
|Original lighting design||Ronald Bates|
Murder, sexuality and art are the potent themes of Liam Scarlett’s ballet, inspired by Walter Sickert’s paintings.
|Lighting design||David Finn|
Christopher Wheeldon channels the hurtling momentum of Michael Nyman’s music in choreography of thrilling propulsion.
|Set Designer||Jean-Marc Puissant|
|Costume Designer||Jean-Marc Puissant|
|Lighting Designer||Jennifer Tipton|