Culture Change was a business support programme supporting small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and microbusinesses within the creative and cultural industries, enabling them to become more sustainable. It was specifically designed for organizations based in the East of England, particularly in Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
Reasons for joining, included:
- Growing your creative start-up. Getting up-to-date information and practical tips on managing the early stages of a freelance career
- Being part of the Culture Change network. Broadening your contacts by joining the growing community of creative and cultural businesses in the East of England
- Accessing ROH expertise. Meeting artists, designers, and performers from the Royal Opera House and gaining specialist knowledge from speakers who are world-leaders in their fields
- Getting free support on issues that affect you. Unlocking the potential of your business by attending workshops and events on topics including online marketing and future funding
- Being a responsible global citizen. Being an environmentally sustainable business by taking part in environmental initiatives. Culture Change members were helped to produce their own personalized Environmental Action Plan
- Getting an ‘End of Journey’ certificate. Receiving formal recognition of the professional development you have undertaken with Culture Change, at the end of your 12 hours
- Telling your clients and customers. Receive a Culture Change logo for your website to help tell your customers about your involvement
- Free tickets to the Royal Opera House. When ten hours of free business support were reached, two complimentary tickets to see an exclusive Pre-General Rehearsal of a ballet at Covent Garden were offered.
Participating organizations need to have:
- Main office within the East of England (Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk)
- Fewer than 250 employees
- An annual turnover of less than 50 million euros