High House Production Park, Purfleet
The Thurrock Big Screen venue is the 14-acre High House Production Park located at Purfleet in the Thames Gateway, Europe’s largest regeneration area. The site is home to the new state-of-the-art Royal Opera House’s Bob and Tamar Manoukian Production Workshop. The Workshop is home to the scenic painters, carpenters and metalworkers making the sets and scenery for productions at Covent Garden.
Within the Production Park, the Grade II listed 16th century High House farm buildings, including a dovecote and several walled gardens, have been renovated to provide a range of uses, including public areas for events and exhibitions and spaces for craft activity. The site has been carefully landscaped to create an orchard and walled garden.
Don Giovanni on 3 July 2015 at 7pm – The Royal Opera
An excellent cast including Christopher Maltman as Mozart's timeless anti-hero and Dorothea Röschmann, Rolando Villazón and Albina Shagimuratova star in this mesmerizing production from The Royal Opera's Director of Opera, Kasper Holten, with spectacular designs from Es Devlin.
What I need to know before I attend:
- Gates open at 5.15pm, with the pre-performance programme commencing at 6.30pm.
- There will be a Royal Opera House pop up shop, information stalls and refreshments from the Coachman's Café.
- This is a free and non-ticketed event so we recommend you arrive early.
- All litter to be disposed of in bins provided or taken home.
- There will be no dedicated seating at the event, so please bring cushions, blankets or chairs for comfort.
- This is an outdoor event do please dress appropriately for the anticipated weather conditions.
- Free entry to the event is on a first come first serve basis, subject to capacity.
- Prohibited items include, but are not restricted to, large parasols, gazebos, awnings and portable barbeques.
- The organisers can refuse admission to the event site for whatever reason.
- All children (under 16), must be accompanied by an adult.
- The on-site café will be open serving drinks and snacks.
- You are welcome to bring a picnic.
Travel to and from the site:
The High House Production Park is located on Vellacott Close (off London Road), Purfleet, Essex RM19 1RJ
There is a small amount of public parking at the Production Park, with overflow parking situated on the Cobelfret site in London Road (opposite).
There is no access to the site from the Purfleet bypass. Signage will be in place to direct you to the parking areas
There is a regular train service to Purfleet on the C2C line.
Trains leave London at regular intervals (approximately every 30 mins) from Fenchurch Street station and the venue is around ten minutes walk from Purfleet Station. Taxis can also be accessed to travel the short distance to the High House Production Park.
Tower Hill Underground tube station, Tower Gateway DLR station and Aldgate tube station are the nearest Tube stations to Fenchurch Street Station in London.
Taxis from the station:
ABC Taxis: 01375 891919
Purfleet Taxis: 07950 223 039
Purfleet Cars: 01708 252 666
Lakeside & Purfleet Taxis: 01375391588
If you are travelling by car take the M25 and leave the motorway at Junction 31. Then join the A1090 (Stone House Lane) towards Purfleet railway station. At the roundabout with Purfleet Bypass, continue on the A1090 (London Road) for about 300 yards until you see signposts for the High House site which is on your right.
If you are travelling by car from London on the A13, take the A1306 towards Purfleet and at the Stonehouse roundabout turn right onto the A1090. At the roundabout with Purfleet Bypass, continue on the A1090 (London Road) for about 300 yards until you see signposts for the High House site which is on your right.
For more information about this event and ROH Education in Thurrock, please visit our website or contact the team on 01708 891200 or firstname.lastname@example.org