High House Production Park, Purfleet
The Thurrock BP Big Screen venue is the 14-acre High House Production Park located at Purfleet in the Thames Gateway, Europe's largest regeneration area. The site is home to the Royal Opera House's Bob and Tamar Manoukian Production Workshop, where teams of highly-skilled scenic painters, carpenters and metalworkers create sets and scenery for productions at Covent Garden.
Also on site is the Bob and Tamar Manoukian Costume Centre, which opened in October 2015. The Costume Centre houses more than 20,000 costumes for Royal Opera House productions currently in the repertory, as well as historic costumes, musical instruments and furniture from the archive collection. A new BA (Hons.) degree course in Costume Construction, established by the Royal Opera House in a unique partnership with South Essex College and University of the Arts London, is also delivered from the Centre’s bespoke workrooms.
Within the landscaped Production Park, the Grade II listed 16th-century High House farm buildings, including a dovecote, orchard and walled gardens, have been renovated to provide a range of uses, including public areas for events and exhibitions and spaces for craft activity. The Backstage Centre offers up-to-the-minute technical training in backstage skills and the High House Artist Studios are affordable spaces for local artists to work and live.
The Royal Ballet’s Frankenstein | Wednesday 18 May at 7.30pm with pre-performance screening from 7pm.
Running time approximately 2 hours 50 minutes with curtain down at 10.50 (including interval).
Watch the world premiere of Liam Scarlett’s new full-length ballet, inspired by Mary Shelley’s Gothic masterpiece and danced by The Royal Ballet.
Join us and Sadie Nine from BBC Essex on site at High House Production Park for an evening of fun and fantastic ballet.
What I need to know before I attend:
- Gates open at 5pm, with the pre-performance programme commencing at 6.30pm.
- There will be a BBQ, and local community group stalls in the orchard for you to browse. The coachman's café will also be open for refreshments.
- You are welcome to bring a picnic.
- This is a free and non-ticketed event so we recommend you arrive early.
- All litter to be disposed of in bins provided or taken home.
- There will be no dedicated seating at the event, so please bring cushions, blankets or chairs for comfort.
- This is an outdoor event do please dress appropriately for the anticipated weather conditions.
- Free entry to the event is on a first come first serve basis, subject to capacity.
- Prohibited items include, but are not restricted to, large parasols, gazebos, awnings and portable barbeques.
- There is plenty of free parking on-site and in the surrounding company car parks.
- All children (under 16), must be accompanied by an adult.
Travel to and from the site:
The High House Production Park is located on Vellacott Close (off London Road), Purfleet, Essex RM19 1RJ
There is a small amount of public parking at the Production Park, with overflow parking situated on the Cobelfret site in London Road (opposite).
There is no access to the site from the Purfleet bypass. Signage will be in place to direct you to the parking areas
There is a regular train service to Purfleet on the C2C line.
Trains leave London at regular intervals (approximately every 30 mins) from Fenchurch Street station and the venue is around ten minutes walk from Purfleet Station. Taxis can also be accessed to travel the short distance to the High House Production Park. For more information visit www.c2c-online.co.uk
Tower Hill Underground tube station, Tower Gateway DLR station and Aldgate tube station are the nearest Tube stations to Fenchurch Street Station in London.
Taxis from the station:
ABC Taxis: 01375 891919
Purfleet Taxis: 07950 223 039
Purfleet Cars: 01708 252 666
Lakeside & Purfleet Taxis: 01375391588
If you are travelling by car take the M25 and leave the motorway at Junction 31. Drive straight across the first roundabout and keep to the left hand lane (marked Thurrock services). At the next roundabout join the A1090 (Stone House Lane) towards Purfleet railway station. At the roundabout with Purfleet Bypass, continue on the A1090 (London Road) for about 300 yards until you see signposts for the High House site which is on your right.
For more information about this event and ROH Learning and Participation in Thurrock, please visit our website or contact the team on 01708 891200 or firstname.lastname@example.org