Talaton House, East Devon
Come and join us for The Royal Opera's Rigoletto on Wednesday 17 September, 2014 at 7.30pm duration approximately 3 hours
Pre-performance screening starts from 7pm
Performance starts at 7.30pm
Act I lasts 60 mins
Interval starts at 8.30pm and lasts 25 mins
Act II begins at 8.55pm and lasts 33 mins
Interval starts at 9.28pm and lasts 20 mins
Act III begins at 9.48pm and lasts 32 mins
Please note that strobe lighting will be used during
Act III Curtain down at 10.20pm
All timings are approximate
What I need to know before I attend:
Talaton House is located in the village of Talaton within the heart of the East Devon countryside, itself an area of outstanding natural beauty. The fully restored 18th Century House sits in parkland surrounded by stunning specimen trees as well as contemporary landscaping and gardens, all providing a fabulous back-drop for the BP Big-Screen Opera.
The grounds of Talaton House are the perfect setting for a family picnic, with plenty of room to sit, relax and enjoy the live opera broadcast. It is suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs. The grounds will be open from 5.00pm on the day; the opera is expected to finish at 10.30pm; there will be two 25-minute intervals.
There will be no dedicated event seating, so please bring rugs, cushions or folding chairs for comfort. This is an outdoor event, so please dress appropriately for the anticipated weather conditions. The event will host an opera café for food, drink and other refreshments on the night.
In the interest of public safety, the following conditions will apply at the Talaton House Big-Screen Opera:
- Entry to the event is free, subject to prior registration for tickets at the Talaton Shop and subject to ticket availability. Last date for Applications is 10th September 2014.
- All children (16 years and under) must be accompanied by an adult.
- In the interests of fair and unrestricted viewing, Prohibited Items include, but are not restricted to: large parasols, gazebos and awnings.
- Picnics are welcome, however any form of fire or barbecue is strictly prohibited.
- All picnics will need to be walked from the car; there will be any drop-off zone near the main entrance.
- All litter should be disposed of in bins provided or taken home.
- Event stewards will be entitled to search persons and/or their possessions on entry to the event enclosure.
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse admission to the event enclosure for whatever reason.
- People attend the event at their own risk and Talaton House or the event stewards will not take responsibility for any prohibited items.
For further information please visit the Talaton website: www.talatonparishcouncil.co.uk
How do I get there?
Talaton House, EX5 2RW, is situated in the village of Talaton 10 miles east of Exeter.
Road and Parking
Talaton can be reached from the A30 by taking the Daisy Mount turn-off and following the signs. It can also be reached from the M5, by turning off at Junction 28and taking the A373for approximately four miles to the village of Dulford and then follow the signposts. Talaton House is in the centre of the village opposite the Parish Hall. Car parking is limited but will be available around the village, the Church Car Park and various other locations. All cars will be parked at their owners risk. Limited Disabled parking only available at the house.
Talaton House can be reached by bicycle and there will be allocated areas for securing your bike on site.