Bradford, Centenary Square
Bring your friends and your picnics or take advantage of the bars and restaurants and enjoy a fabulous evening's entertainment right in the heart of the city.
La bohème on 10 June 2015 at 7.30pm – The Royal Opera
Enjoy operatic royalty in Puccini's best-loved opera. International opera stars Anna Netrebko and Joseph Calleja lead a terrific cast in John Copley's exquisite production – don't miss your last chance to see this award-winning production, which The Royal Opera performs for the last time this Season.
Don Giovanni on 3 July 2015 at 7pm – The Royal Opera
An excellent cast including Christopher Maltman as Mozart's timeless anti-hero and Dorothea Röschmann, Rolando Villazón and Albina Shagimuratova star in this mesmerizing production from The Royal Opera's Director of Opera, Kasper Holten, with spectacular designs from Es Devlin.
Romeo and Juliet on 22 September 2015 at 7.30pm – The Royal Ballet
Kenneth MacMillan's ballet of Shakespeare's star-crossed lovers is a classic of 20th-century ballet, and a heartbreaking match for Prokofiev's score. Created for The Royal Ballet in 1965, it's a key work in the Company's repertory and a must-see for ballet fans and newcomers alike.
What I need to know before I attend:
- Centenary Square has limited public seating.
- There are restaurants, coffee shop and bars in the Square, or alternatively bring your own picnic.
- You are welcome to bring your own tables and chairs.
- Alcohol is only allowed in the designated areas within Centenary Square.
- All litter should be disposed of in the bins provided or taken home.
- Please dress appropriately for the anticipated weather conditions.
- Children should be accompanied by adults.
- Please note that no naked flames are permitted on site.
- Limited seating is available.
How do I get there?
Bradford Interchange and Bradford Forster Square stations are a few minutes away.
All routes to city centre.
All routes to city centre. Parking is available at the NCP car park on Hall Ings opposite City Hall.